View Single Post
Old 2011-11-13, 15:57   Link #40
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Does it even have a saber? Me thinks the AGE Builder has not spit it out yet.
Well, the HG has them. It can probably enlarge the size of the blade, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I thought the little skirmish with the Gundam and UE suit was pretty solid for the like minute that it lasted. This episode wasn't really about showcasing flashy MS battles between prototypes though so it's kind of not surprising that the fights would be kind of on the meh side. It was basically two squads of grunt mobile suits armed only with dinky machine guns shooting at each other from across the street. The equivalent of a dumb gang fight between the Crips and Bloods. Not the sort of stuff that's supposed to get the blood pumping so much as make everyone say, "Oh my god what are they even doing and why?"

The whole point of the fight was that it had none and I thought they highlighted that quite well by how soulless it was portrayed, but perhaps people don't view it in that context and are looking for something that really shouldn't be there unless they want the scene to suffer from tonal dissonance just for the sake of a flashy Mobile Suit fight.
I actually agree with the bolded part. It's just that I expected Flit to be a little more active in terms of stopping their battle, like disarming the other MS's. But that would had probably just worsened the situation for him. He already gets blamed for causing damage to city, and actually damaging the other MS's would just had been a bad Idea, I guess.

Also, I thought Gundam was about flashy Mobile Suit battles?

Last edited by StrikeFreedomV2; 2011-11-13 at 16:11.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote