View Single Post
Old 2012-03-13, 01:54   Link #230
Marina2

When this spin-off was annouced, I have seen some people said something like

- A spin-off? All of my interest lost. I want the sequel to first series.
- Saki with no Saki? I will pass

So, I decide to make this guide and FAQ to tell what you’ll see and what you can expect from this spin-off. Of course, It will contain a little spoiler ( I will keep it as minimum as possible.)

FAQ

1. Why don’t they make the second season?

Mostly because a lack of sufficient content from manga. First season use about 50+ chapters of manga + original content for last 5 eps. Currently (13 March 2012), the manga is at ch.93, but most of them are shorter and progress slower than first 50 chs. We need to wait for a while before the second season can come out.

2. You said original series lack of content to make anime, then how do they have enough content to make anime out of this spin-off? I heard that it’s only has 8 chapters right now.

Each Achiga-hen chapter has about ~50-80+ pages compared to ~15-20 pages per ch. in Saki. Plus, they can always add it original content. Also, it is possible that Achiga-hen will have only 12-13 eps

Guide

Warning: answers are little spoiler, mostly about what you will see in this spin-off but not in details I will put answer in spoiler anyway...

1.Will characters from Saki appear in Achiga-hen?

Spoiler:

2. Does story in Achiga-hen happened before the event in Saki? That’s what I get from reading the synopsis.

Spoiler:

3. From Q2,
Spoiler:

Answer to #3
Spoiler:

4. What is the “Hightlight” in Achiga-hen
Spoiler:

5. Are there new yuri pair to worship?
Yes.

Note: The answers here are based on manga version. Anime may chage or add something.

I hope it will help your decision ^^