View Single Post
Old 2012-11-29, 19:41   Link #3419
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You do not seem to have actually researched the "art" piece, nor have you tried to form any opinion beyond what the conservative blogosphere wants you to have. The artist himself is using the piece to show how (some) conservatives unnecessarily vilify liberals and the President (even going so far as to make it seem like all liberals are trying to sanctify Obama), so I find it quite amusing that you've done the exact thing the piece is mocking. Good job.
That artist has some fantastic work. You can really tell where his influences come from, but it's also uniquely his own. I absolutely loved the Norquist painting and the corporate flag painting. Some of the other paintings are so perfect and iconic, I can easily picture them on the cover of Time. The hooded police officer and the three part collection of the elderly woman, the rich man, and the young girl in particular were amazing in so many ways.

And yes, flying missed the point of the picture by looking at it out of context. It's a social commentary on many levels, and it doesn't do it justice to look at it from just one perspective. A true sign of a great piece of art.