Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Maoyuu Maou Yuusha
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-08, 21:48   Link #1365
kagato3

And so we come to the end of the first novel. The humans have regained their lost teritory and opened the south seas up to be used for trade and fishing. The human comander in gate city seeks to make peace with the demons. And Hero finaly has his long awaited reunion with Ma....Knight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
But it looked ugly =02. Plenty of moments in this ep where the animation quality took a big nosedive(not the 1st time in the series, but still..). This being the 1st "real" battle shown in terms of stronger powers, they could have at least choreographed and animated it much better than they did. According to Hero and Demon Queen, the Arctic General was supposed to be one of the strongest demons in the demon world, yet, it barely looks like Female Knight broke a sweat; and she's not even as strong as Hero(which is very unusual for humans to be greatly superior than demons). They should have at least given the impression that he is a force to be reckoned with aside from knocking off a few grunts, and the show failed to give me that impression. And I say this with no regard to the manga version mind you. The music and FK's banter during that fight was superb though.

One thing this ep did do right was the pacing; they managed to stay on one event for the whole episode. And, again, the best moment was Hero/DQ/FK moment which ALWAYS seems to put a smile on my face =03.
All of Hero's party are insanely strong. It's just he is much stronger then they are. Hero also stated he had fought the Arctic General a few times meaning he had either fought him with Knight or before she joined and since it is based off of old school CRPG's he's likely now a lot lower level then she is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
I must say I certainly don't see that in the anime. From what I see the ice general trying to retreat (otherwise why is he leaving the fortified fortress?), and yet mercilessly cut down by the female knight. The female knight after killing ice general even said "dont rejoice yet, exterminate the remaining enemy"
While Artic General had sounded a retreat through the reinforcements comeing from Gate City. He himself was atacking the humans base camp to the north as a last stand. Also Kinght in no way "mercilessly cut him down" as she offers him a chance to retreat which he refuses. Cleaning up the remaining enemies does not imply she is going after the retreating enemies just any that remain on the island as her following line is to search the island.
Quote:
Brutus and Wang JingWei have reasons to betray other than personal ambition (at least some scholar believe so), but in a universal sense they are well known traitor.

Let me use an example: during Japanese warring states the puppet Shogun unite other Daimyo to fight against Nobunaga, that is "borrow a knife to kill someone". If he borrowed troops from China to fight Nobunaga, that is treason. Do you agree?
It is clear in the anime that Maou did not want the demons to die she wanted thier to be as few losses as possable on both sides
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote