View Single Post
Old 2007-03-04, 19:37   Link #2
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Saying what you enjoy about a character isn't "campaigning". I'm pretty sure they were referring to things like 2" blinking fonts and name-chanting. Shouting down different opinions can be considered campaigning (if someone who wasn't happy with Kaede's story wants to discuss it for example and a Kaede-tard tries to wreck the discussion). A Kaede-tard would be a zealot with whom it is impossible to have a sentient conversation. I love the Kaede character... but because I'm unhappy with certain aspects of the story execution and resolution and am more unhappy with the writers than with Asa herself ... a Kaede-tard would shout me down as a heretic instead of discussing the ideas.

"Have fun but post intelligently" is a basic rule anywhere in the forum (though not enforced consistently). Anyone can say an X-tard thing accidently, the difference is in how you respond to some light being shown on it.

One line dittos tend to be nonsense. Discussing how Kaede managed to inflict revenge on Rin based on what he told her happened -- tends to be not-nonsense. The judgement calls are always going to be opinions .. but then that's always been the case in any forum that is actually moderated.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-03-04 at 19:49.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote