View Single Post
Old 2009-08-18, 16:44   Link #57
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
So you have a list of people where everything they say are automatically correct and wise?
Yes, but there's only my own name on it. Seriously, would you agree that your conclusion is a bit polemically exaggerated?

Quote:
Hype before a show airs is different from trashing a show you know nothing about. For example, if you trash an anime that hasn't aired yet, no one really cares, because everyone is on the same blank page.
And hyping it after it starts airing?

Quote:
I don't even know how enlightenment comes into the discussion. And no, people cannot ignore it if they want. It's like a lawyer making some irrelevant emotional appeal then the judge says to ignore that comment. But the jury obviously won't.
Except that nobody will be send into prison or a gas chamber and the jury members make decisions only for themselves. We all are being bombarded with emotional appeal the whole time. It's called advertisement and PR and I think we've all learned to handle it. If not, you're in greater trouble than missing out on an anime you might have liked.

Besides, Irenicus merely stated reasons why he didn't watch it. Exactly how much am I supposed to censor my thoughts because somebody might draw whatever conclusions from it?