View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 16:44   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
To me, Sword Art Online was neither the worst show (it has some good scenes; it looks pretty, has good character design and voice acting, and a Yuki Kajiura soundtrack), nor was it particularly disappointing (pretty much what I expected). But it does stand out to me as the - dare I mention it? - most "overrated" show of the season.
With the amount of people vocally voicing their hatred and disapproval all over the Internet these days, it seems hard to justify "overrated" at this point. It's definitely a contender for "Most Controversial" though (but I'm supposing Nisemonogatari, and Episode 8 in particular, may win that one).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnstorm View Post
I suppose the worst thing that can happen to you is this: You're excited about a show, but it turns out to be utterly dispicable, and to add insult to injury everybody around you - even people with good taste - loves it. Welcome to my nightmare. I hope I didn't scare you...
This is only a problem if you were ever under the delusion that there was such a thing as "good taste" or that you (or anyone else) ever had anything resembling it. But I do understand what you mean in the sense that it's a bit disheartening to find yourself at odds with people whose tastes you are usually aligned with. It just goes to show that no two people value the same qualities in the exact same way; every disagreement is an opportunity to learn more about the other party and yourself.

(Anyway, enough meta from me...)