View Single Post
Old 2011-01-25, 13:11   Link #87
Raiga
tl;dr

"Koucha" is actually black tea. I know, I found it weird too but that's what it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Need translation
Spoiler for size:
Title: Why are Mami-senpai and Homu-homu on such bad terms? [yes it seems Homura already has a fan nickname]

Frame 1
Mami: Ah, oh my... you're a magical girl like me!? I've never met one before! ... r-right... (aaah plus she's cute, too!)
Homura: Oh, so you are as well?

Frame 2
Mami: Both of us must have it rough... but if the two of us work together, I'm sure we can fight more effectively than alone. Why... why don't we take this opportunity to...
Homura: Don't act so familiar. I'm not being a magical girl to have fun you know.
* Harsh tongue reserved for cool-type characters

Frame 3
Homura: I saw your battle earlier. What was with that fancy transformation sequence? Can't you transform fine without it? Are you just fooling around?
Mami: No... I mean... that's...
Homura: And what's with that costume that emphasizes your needlessly large breasts? Oh I see, that's how it is... My apologizes, but I'd rather not hang around with someone like you who used her wish for breast enlargement.
Mami: My breasts have nothing to do with this do they...

Frame 4
Mami: Why couldn't she just have been my friend!? What's with that attitude! Besides these are natural!** Is that a bad thing!?
Kyubey: I think you should just leave it at that Mami
Mami: Never! I'll never try to make friends with her again! Stupid!

*After this, in reaction Mami awakened to her attraction for younger girls

** Actually I'm not so sure about this anymore... my first instinct was that it read "shizen" (natural) because it's funny and makes sense in context, but it hit me that that's written 自然 whereas this is written 自前 (jimae, though a misreading could also give "shizen") which according to the dictionary:
"n, adj-no taking care one's responsibilities by oneself, one's own efforts, one's own expense"
... which I don't quite understand in this situation. I wouldn't rule out a typo on the author's part but I'm more inclined to believe I'm misinterpreting... perhaps she meant "I'm just looking after myself" or something? If anyone has a better translation go for it.