View Single Post
Old 2012-06-01, 09:23   Link #1303
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by hao-sama View Post
can somebody someone explain to me what this paragraph means? it's concerning Kamijou's memory loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volume 1
Serious damage had been done to the boy’s brain as a reaction to his forced overuse of his esper powers and as damage from the light Index herself had fired. (Or so she had heard. She did not remember it herself.)
i'm thinking Index's magic reacted with his brain that underwent the Curriculum, but i have no idea if i'm interpreting it correctly because of "forced overuse of his esper powers" (jsbro recently finished retranslating Volume 1, so i have some confidence in this translation). does this mean Kamijou does have esper powers?

(which would make sense, since he did got through the Curriculum, any manifestation gets erased by IB).

gah.
Hmm... It doesn't click for me. When did he use his esper power? (forget overusing).

I don't know if my interpretation is correct, but I think it's just Index's mental recollection of Styl and Kanzaki's stated perspective on what had happened to Touma.

It would be natural for Styl and Kanzaki to believe Touma's power was an esper power at this point of the story (and perhaps for Index too, since said power is not in her database)