View Single Post
Old 2007-07-18, 01:54   Link #257
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrinus View Post
I think you mean "Sighs", not "Trembling"...

Anyway, Shamisen would probably recieve enough screentime in "Disappearance" and some of the other short stories to make his appearance in "Where did the Cat Go?" quite understandable. But if you insist...

Spoiler for very minor "Disappearance" spoiler:

And personally, I never really thought Haruhi at the school festival was such a loose thread in the first place. Seeing as the second season probably won't mention a thing about the school festival, it seems rather awkward to insert an explanation of any sort into this batch of new information. Not that I think it's necessary, at any rate.
One way or another, the cat needs to be introduced. And people still needs to know how and why it talks. Several times in the later novels this will be referenced.

And I wasn't specifically talking about the festival; rather, the Haruhi before the film-making was not the same Haruhi after it. A significant event occurs in between that could not be brushed off. Thus some parts of the filming will have to be animated. And while they are there, they might as well introduce that cat.