View Single Post
Old 2013-12-01, 21:24   Link #7689
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Hundley and Mariota probably aren't coming out and I don't think McCarron or Mettenberger will be anything special in the pros at all. McCarron sucks honestly and won't be anything more than a back up. Mettenberger is starting to strike me as Carson Palmer type who may just be having one good streak of games his last year in college, he's also getting hurt too much.

Carr and Manziel are the only prospects I think have potential other than Bridgewater coming out this draft and Carr could very well turn into his brother while Manziel is going to have injury and interception problems, and I wouldn't spend a top 5 pick in the draft on either of them in the first place, and Caldwell probably wouldn't do that. So as far as I see it we're screwed out of a QB again unless Carr or Manziel (or maybe even Tajh Boyd) fall to the second round.

We could really end up winning 5 games or something at this rate and be completely out of the top 5 picks altogether. This team really needs talent and if we're not careful we'll win our way out of getting a chance at top talent at the most important positions altogether. i'd really rather see us lose out the rest of the way than win anymore.
There are a couple of weeks left of College Football left as well the bowl games afterwards so I think it is too quick to judge on these Quarterbacks. While yes, aside from Mariota, these Quarterbacks I listed are not top 5 picks. However, they are the ones with the ideal body size and basic attributes to shaped into an ideal form. I rate Carr highly, if we trade back to get him and a bonus of a first round and extra picks I will accept that. However there are more options for us.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote