View Single Post
Old 2009-08-26, 19:14   Link #19
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post

Is it her 'obvious' assets? As has been said, she's very well-designed. She's quite attractive in a "This is the girl-next-door you might meet in real life" sort of way. She's not at perpetual risk of capsizing, nor does she have hair that doesn't exist in nature.
Well stated. The fact that her character design is realistic sets Haruhi apart from a lot of other female anime characters. It probably makes it a bit easier for the fans to, er... imagine going on dates with someone like Haruhi.

Also, I've seen some really good Haruhi cosplays that are truly gorgeous. One in particular is visually stunning to me, and quite popular (most here have probably seen it).

Quote:
She's no fairweather friend. If things go pear-shaped on you, you can count on her to get you out. You don't even have to be her friend. Sometimes it's enough that your story touches her in the right way.
Very good point that slipped my mind. Haruhi is a very loyal person in a way.

Once Haruhi befriends you, there's one big pro and one big con.

The big con is that she's going to expect you to follow her around everywhere.

The big pro is that you have a friend that will be there for you through thick and thin. Haruhi strikes me as the sort of person that would have a very hard time ending a serious friendship. In fact, I wrote a cross-over fic once in which this was a key element in her reforming a teenager bent on conquering an alien world... a rather impulsive and steely willed teenager himself.

Quote:

Could be because she's human. She's got depth. She's not defined just by her hotness, her godhood, her personality, or her flaws alone.
I pretty much agree. When people get Haruhi wrong, I think, is when they focus on either one of the above while discarding the other key factors.