View Single Post
Old 2011-11-19, 22:39   Link #2472
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The cradle was the factory for the drones, so that rules them out from being mid. The only other civilization you could tag them would be Al Hazardian, though I find them to be woefully underwhelming to have been from the civilization that made tiny gems that could blow up worlds.
The Cradle itself is Al Hazardian. Maybe the drone factor was something the Belkans added later.

Or maybe pinnacle creations like the Jewel Seeds represented a gross excess and waste of resources even to the Al Hazardians, most of whom considered gadget drones to be more efficient tools.

Especially when they were supplementing a virtually invincible battle fortress with total AMF cability.

The individual robots of its teeming defense force wouldn't need to be particularly world-shaking on their own. Especially if they were only meant to support Al Hazardian mages.

Quote:
I... can't really say. Too little data. We don't know how their magical systems work beyond that they were linked to the reactor of the Garden of Time. Whether they would work in AMF conditions is a cointoss at the moment, but I personally would say no.
As I said, I figure if a Device can remain functional enough to stay on-line and talk, and even change colors according to a personalization function (Revolver Knuckle), then a magically-powered robot can remain functional enough to move and swing an axe.

Wait... did they all stop moving when Nanoha and Lindy were done sealing the place? (Also, if Nanoha was sealing the Garden's powersource, what did Lindy seal?)

Quote:
Given that they were mobile generators of AMF? Doubtful they were magically powered. Even if it wouldn't shut them down completely it'd still interfere with their systems.
The Combat Cyborgs likely run on the same power source. Alternatively, AMF doesn't interfere with magical powersources so much as magical systems, and technological systems designed to use magic for fuel are unaffected.

Quote:
Fractions at best. Recall that the jewel seed was embedded in a microchip which itself was many times enhanced.
Fracturing priceless wonders like Jewel Seeds to power disposable drones is still an extremely stupid idea that added nothing to the story.

But then, so much of StrikerS is like that.