View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 11:02   Link #1313
DurararaFTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
That is in good part a reaction to the unique circumstances of SAO, as a result of her basic, original character. An obedient, polite daughter following the path her family, especially her mother laid down for her. Inside of course laid a warm and impressive woman of great internal fortitude will-power, command and presence, that was forged in Aincrad.

But the initial Asuna was suicidal in part because of that sudden over-turning of her entire prior world-view. Kirito gave her a reason to live, to bring her out of that suicidal state.

I think it's interesting to note that Aria, Rondo and Monochrome have a completely different vibe to them from RNR and Black Swordsman, and even Warmth of the Heart. Again, the concept of a relationship between equals- which is why I think Kirito's relationship with Asuna operated on a different paradigm than the Pesudo-Onii Chan Relationship he had with the far more dependent and less mature Sachi or Silica.

I guess that's why it's very difficult to see how the author plans from getting from Monochrome to the Black Cats.

I think the theme of Life Purpose also runs very strongly in SAO. Not only with Asuna and Kirito, but even other protagonists like Sinon, and even Alicization focuses heavily on that.
Well yeah i know, but the guy specifically asked what she was like before Kirito. She initially hid in an inn and in for most of the first month and didn't know much about MMO and before that was a polite girl ruled over by her family, but she adapted to the situation and even if she had no hope, had already grown into a stronger person before Kirito came along. I'm just saying the ratio of how much Kirito helps Asuna to how much Asuna helps Kirito is pretty even.
DurararaFTW is offline   Reply With Quote