View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 23:48   Link #149
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well, episode 3 certainly was a bit....erratic I suppose? I mean we start on floor 28, then jump up to floor 49 and then end on floor 32, while just last week Kirito JUST defeated the boss of the first floor.

I guess this means we have very large skips in time here, but I suppose that's okay because outside of what they were showing us this episode, there's probably not much to be seen aside from Kirito level grinding and trying to survive while soloing. That wouldn't exactly be the most thrilling thing to watch for numerous episodes. You DO need character interaction and development, and that seems to be majorly what they focused on for this episode.

It seems to me Kirito's becoming more and more distant from others and unwilling to join any parties or guilds now after that trap wiped out Sachi and the others of the Black Cats. I suppose he believes if he never grows attached to anybody, he'll have nothing to lose anymore.

Though I would like clarification on one thing, who was that guy who commited suicide after Kirito told him he was a Beater? A member of the Black Cats guild? And was the reason he committed suicide because he believed that Kirito betrayed them and was not intending to protect them in the first place because he was a Beater?

Anyway, didn't really make me tear up or sad, but you can still sense some of the emotional turmoil these characters are going through thanks to this episode. It all just makes me even more curious on why Kayaba is perfectly content messing with these people's lives and what the heck he's trying to accomplish by doing so.
He's the member who went off to buy the house. Though, -50 points for committing suicide, rather than living on and avenging their deaths.

As for wondering why Kayaba is content messing with people's lives...you must be young.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote