View Single Post
Old 2012-08-01, 16:51   Link #26771
Dragoshi1
We need to upset people!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Those levels really mean nothing. Hobby Link Japan basically made it up to "help" first time modelers to get an idea of what to expect.

Basically, the skill level is all the same. It's just that from SD --> HG --> MG --> PG, there are more parts as it gets higher, and more stickers as it gets lower.

Are you still ¯\(°_o)/¯ ??

LOL

Personally, I would just get like 1 or 2 Master Grade kits and just take your time building it.

The Master Grade kits from the Gundam Age series is very nice quality but it doesn't have that many parts as a traditional Master Grade kit. It also manages to grasp the feel of the mecha design very well from the anime.

Trust me.

Get the Master Grade Age-1 Normal. Try it out, and if you like it, go for the Titus, Sparrow, and then by that time, the Age-2 Normal, Age-2 Double Bullet, etc.

Don't worry, I catch on pretty quick, lol

That's good to know, that the Lvs and Grade don't matter much. I'm a total newbie to painting ANYTHING however, so I was aiming for kits that don't really need paint. I'll probably stay near the HG area, I'll probably grab an MG or two to ease myself in as well.

I've been aware of this hobby for many years, but haven't had the patience or interest to try it, after playing through Gundam Battle Operation for PS3 and watching Gundam Unicorn, my interest has been captured! The Zeon side in particular I really like, with a few MS from the Fed side. Helps that the kits really aren't that pricey, either, at least the ones I'm aiming for.
Dragoshi1 is offline   Reply With Quote