View Single Post
Old 2006-02-18, 19:47   Link #34
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
So in order to make a living as a seiyuu - they attend as many auditions as they can so that they can be selected to appear in almost every episode for at least two or three titles per season (ala Tamura Yukari).

Singers are different. Their income mainly comes from revenues from CD sales. The difference between seiyuus that sings and real singers is exactly just that - seiyuus rarely ever see a single yen from royalties from their CDs, whereas real singers reap in huge royalties.
Thanks for the information kj1980.

But a continuation...what about people/groups like T.M. Revolution (who, I presume, were *normal* singers in the past, and got related to anime later on). Which category do they belong in? I mean, I would think that someone T.M. Revolution was once a big name in the Japanese music popularity charts (some other Asuki member mentioned this, not too sure about its reliability). But I also heard that because T.M. Revolution got involved in animes, that his popularity dropped drasticly.

Not just the popularity, what about the revenue? Do they still get most of it from their own CD sales (considering how they once depended entirely on it), or completely on doing OP/ED and some voice acting?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote