View Single Post
Old 2006-07-07, 00:00   Link #69
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Guest Greeting Speech Script (Ep. 14)

Chairman XX-san, and everyone of the XX assembly, I would like use this opportunity to congratuate you all on the 25th anniversary of of the XX assembly.

The past twenty-five years can be said to have been the entire history of XX prefecture's developments.

The quiet scenary of whole fields of croplands, through the long-wished opening of the Shinkansen station, as well as highway services, has also been reborn into modern cities filled with young vitality.

The economy and the industries are growing by accepting new and improved ideas one by one.

And through the love for their native land that's unique to the residents of XX prefecture, which places great value on our old and wonderful traditions, our towns have grown to become some of the most wonderful cities in Japan that maintains a perfect balance between tradition and culture, and economy and industry.

And, we can say that the history of XX prefecture's developments has also been the history of the XX assembly's development.

We are required to have executing abilities that's literally as sharp as an arrow, in order for us to constantly enforce our public promises and policies once they have been revealed.

I believe that everyone here in the XX assembly, which treats this arrow as it's organization symbol, are all arrows possessing this arrow-like execution ability, and uses it to pierce through all obstacles for the sake of perpetual happiness of the XX prefecture residents.

However, everyone here are not just simply arrows.

While possessing the integrity and candidness of an arrow, all of you have eyes that's always looking into the future, and never stops researching and exploring for new methods that adapts to the changing times.

A released arrow can only fly towards a pre-determined target.

However, everyone here are not just arrows.

Even after released from the bow, all of you continues to search for newer, more effective methods and policies, as well as possessing a flexible stance that allows for immediate changes in the arrow's trajectory. You are magic arrows.

The times are constantly advancing.
Sometimes, it's possible for the times to move on before a policy can be executed.

(Beyond this are parts that were not in the original script. It is believed to be the minister's ad lib)

For example, even regarding to the Hinamizawa Village Electricity Basic Project that has been causing various problems in the recent years within the prefecture, we cannot carry through with the plan simply because we were told to, instead, we must possess the flexibility to always respond to and reflect the constantly changing desires of the next era, the native community, as well as the residents.

The protest movements surrounding the Hinamizawa Dam is also a conscious opinion of the XX prefecture residents. If we don't lend our ears to their pleads simply because the policy has already been determined, then it may very well cast a bad shadow over the democratic government of the postwar Japan.

(Beyond this are the same as the original script)

I will also be thorough with policies that has been determined, for the sake of perpetual happiness for the citizens of Japan, as well as the residents of the XX prefecture.

At the same time, I'm also constantly reminded that I must learn to have the flexibility that everyone here at the XX assembly possesses, who are capable finding new methods while gazing into the future.

It has become a long speech, but with that, I would like to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the XX assembly.
Chairman XX-san, as well as everyone of the XX assembly. Congratulations to you all today.

From the guest greeting speech of the Minister of Construction at the 25th anniversary celebration ceremony of the XX prefecture congress and congress member seminar, XX assembly.