View Single Post
Old 2009-10-21, 07:50   Link #3992
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
You only lose support after a long absence of new material. Shana has new material every 6months, and thus, is not affected by being a older character. Each year, she is born anew.

Other than that, I'm not sure how valid some of those points are...I mean, how do you know Japan blocks Haruhi and Shana voter I.P's or that Saki won't be weaker caused by fading memories. Not to mention a whole list of new characters for ISML 2010(Yuki, Haruhi, Fate, Hitagi, Nanoha, etc.)
Almost all IP address in Korea and most of Chinese IP address is blocked before even the voting gets started. Many Western IP address is also blocked. The reason given by 2-chan people is because these IP address tends to favor characters from certain series. Best Moe, ISML, and Chinese Saimoe has repeatedly shown that voters in those moe tournaments heavily favor Kyo-Ani made series or Shana series in contrast with Japanese Saimoe. I can't think of other series that would suffer as much as these by 2-chan ip block. ( Hayate faction will suffer due to Korean IP being blocked, but until recently, Hayate faction underachieved in ISML or Saimoe, that is until Hinagiku suddenly started winning in Double Elimination phase in ISML )

Saki series still has on going manga series in Japan. Saki also may have made Mahjong very popular as well. It will be hard for people to forget Saki. Also consider the staying power of Rozen Maiden.

Another reason why I suspect Saki series to remain strong is that while fans of other series can be sidetracked by other anime series, the voting patterns seems to suggest that Saki fans are very loyal to their faction and probably won't blink at all the other moe materials thrown at them. This is very reminiscent of the Rozen Maiden faction which is why I think somebody in Saki faction might win on their 2nd try, just like that it took Rozen 2 years to achieve victory.