View Single Post
Old 2018-06-12, 13:04   Link #17
m4d75

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
I'm not blasting the mass-production aspect of manga/anime production or anything, and I am all in for competitiveness. It is just that I feel sad for the creators. I did some writing back in college before giving up because I plainly didn't think my work is memorable enough. But here, even with anime & manga that are loved by their audiences during broadcast, could still easily be completely forgotten twenty years later. For all the efforts and self-reflection the creators have spent, it is a crying shame.
I think this is not a problem in terms of us as audiences, readers or as a creator to forget any work that has been made dozens of years ago, but I think if there is a very good work made decades ago, his/their work will always be remembered in each audience or reader. As long as we as spectators or readers who have watched or read it consider the work is good then it is not a shame or sad because we will always remember it as a good work even though the work is not or has not been watched or read by all or most people in this world.

Indeed there are some works that the results are not good but not always bad too, it depends on many factors that you have written above as I quote in below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Prophet View Post
To me, it is like literature - hundred thousands of amazing new books being released every year, each of them is a mirror to aspects of our lives. They are worthy of preservation, and yet, how many would actually have the privillige of being read by future generations? And it was not always because they were bad - maybe they were written in one of the dying languages, or the publisher screwed up the marketing, or people would rather forget the topics they were discussing, etc.
I give 1 example : Watch the anime from the World Masterpiece Theater in the 20th century which I think the concept of the story is very good about the family matter in living life to return intact between parents, grandparents, children, uncles and aunts and so on that can make us as spectators could take a lesson from the work of the World Masterpiece Theater even though their work was partially adapted from novels and books of previous stories.

Although the results of their work has been made dozens of years ago, but it will always be remembered by most of audiences although perhaps from the results of some of their work there are unpopular in the eyes of the audience..., but not meant to be forgotten.

But unfortunately the concept of anime story from the World Masterpiece Theater is very rarely made in the anime of the 21st century because there are many types of anime that sell more product than the concept of this story (harem lol).

Example for an anime that has been made in the 21st century which I think very good to remember is "Clannad" from novel, games to an anime.

Last edited by m4d75; 2018-06-12 at 14:05.
m4d75 is offline   Reply With Quote