Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-10, 12:40   Link #22882
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Reversing the decision wouldn't do much, since she already died. And even if they reversed it before she died, surgery slots are booked long in advance. Unless strings were pulled at the hospital, she'd have been a goner anyway.
Yup.. about the only response here that really has any meaning is to find out what people actually made the decisions, what people set the policies, and then let the dad go apeshit in a spray of gore and mayhem.

You have to wonder what kind of sociopaths infest health insurance companies... but many of them will take the "nazi" defense: "I vas just followink ordehs"

On the other hand, I feel like we're missing key information in the article. The hospital canceled the surgery??? Why? *MOST* hospitals will do what needs to be done and worry about the bill later. Note I said "most" ... hospital chains like HCA (dominant in Florida) are For-Profit and have been fined repeatedly over the years for unethical behavior -- I didn't see the hospital named but I wouldn't be surprised if it were HCA. If there is a hell, HCA executives/owners are going there.