View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 15:26   Link #131
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Some great parody images this week.

I'm really late to the party, but I loved this episode. Thought it was phenomenal. Though yes, it was QUALITY Central.

Division 1 absolutely shines when the chips are down. There's no one on that team playing the fool, as I'd rather expected there would be. Everyone knows something reeks, but none of them are fool enough to step outside the law, save for Kougami, who might just be badass enough to pull it off. I can't help but notice that they are all willing to stick their necks out and bend the rules to help each other. Even Ginoza goes to bat for Kougami despite Masoka advising him to ride this out, and leave the dirty work to the enforcers who have nothing to lose.

I loved how nearly all of the conversations this week were working on multiple levels, with some being outright conspiratorial. In particular, Shion's scene with Kougami was great. Love how he asks her if she's been taken off the case, and she responds (essentially) with a "I dunno, I haven't checked my messages in a while..." Division 1 is staging a unspoken rebellion, and the Chief is actively antagonizing them. Both sides know full well that they're enemies, but they have to keep up appearances. It's a delicious dynamic to watch. I'll actually miss the tension when the fists start to fly.