View Single Post
Old 2008-12-22, 20:53   Link #27
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Why would they even want to kill him? That's never been their goal.

Edit: Surely Touma will hax his way to victory, but the Sisters never intended to kill him in the first place so why would they bother coming up with a way to?
Yeah if they wanted to win they'd be going at this in a different fashion. Like a mass attack instead of 1 vs 1 matchups in which they would have absolutely no chance at survival.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I wouldn't call it "bad", but it had 1-2 scenes which had me scratching my head.

1) Why for the love of god did they skip the flashback scene depicting Mikoto coincidentally walking in when Accelerator killed a clone of her? It would have added some color, and it would have underlined the torment she's undergoing.

2) I really disliked how they altered the Touma-Mikoto showdown, particularly the silly ending. They made it look like Mikoto was recoiling from Touma, scared to tears of the fact that he was still alive in the end, and that she seemed to accept having killed Touma fairly easily. Instead, at least in the manga (and I assume likewise in the novel), Touma regained consciousness while Mikoto held his head in her lap, crying. The author considered this scene key enough to even have an illustration added. Why the HELL did the director change it??

*sigh*
Ok not having that last scene is definitely a crime right there. I mean killing a scene like that is just wrong. Oh well guess that's what you end up getting some times.

Thought for a moment that I did see a flashback of Mikoto walking in on the scene. Though could easily be wrong on that. Either way it wasn't something that they made important note of so even if it was there for a second it doesn't really matter much.