View Single Post
Old 2004-10-01, 10:23   Link #237
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooliganj
Thanks for the input, although that's not really any different than just applying the border to each frame in the image editor of your choice. Since the frames should all be the same size anyway, you can just create an overlay, then copy onto each pic and save. Same result either way.
Only for image editors and file formats that support a alpha channel. Though if you mess up in GIMP, it's a quick fix. And that duplication process makes it even faster with less worries of compression errors.

Quote:
I was hoping I could apply one master layer and have part of it (a specific color, say) be transparent, but it looks like I'd have to pay for a bigger program for that feature. Not that applying the border manually is really that hard, I'm just always on the lookout for a good shortcut.
I haven't been able to find a way for GIMP to do this. But the only thing that would likely work is to create a script to execute that procedure,.. something that I am unable to do,.. unless there is already a script provided with GIMP that I don't know about.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote