Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-24, 13:37   Link #1032
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
But how would Mike know such things? From the manga istelf there is nothing to suggest that he holds her closer than the other two. Thats where complaints come - Mike blatantly tells about her not mentioning about the other two while from what she would have seen so far there would be nothing to suggest that.

Its just authors blatant favoritism poking its ugly head out rather than a good writing.

Also while your praise her and all let me remind you that she was even colder when she learned that he came here to live so its not all honey and sugar like you try to paint in here. In fact I would argue that the more friendly and closer to him was Karen than Shizu in the beginning.
I'm going to stick to writing less but the more troublesome girl is always more interesting to read about, and yes Shizuku is just being tsundere at that time (don't shoot me). While favouritism can be negative it is not uncommon, I don't think there has been any series where there is complete balance maybe Nyan Koi where the
Spoiler for ectera...:

From the begining he has always been thinking of Shizuku while comforting her cold exterior/
As for Karin developement I could never understand the Love Hina syndrome like drama at the beginning from Nagi as a peeper to potential love interest. As for me the only true reset is if they kill off Shizuku character or make her move away somewhere lol.

Last edited by Nemuru; 2010-12-24 at 13:52.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote