View Single Post
Old 2012-05-11, 13:56   Link #28762
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Renall have you considered the fact that if it was Erika that came up with that idea she would have gained an unlimited and unrestricted use of seals?

Or rather the fact that by your Battler's logic Erika had the right to use her seals wherever she pleased and retroactively on top of that.
That more or less is what was the case, yes. Retroactivity is implied by Erika's actual use of the seals in the Logic Error context.

I presume you mean that, by simply choosing to carefully define some non-contiguous area as "location x," she could have sealed anything and everything that she wanted using only three seals. That's true, if she were aware of it. The whole point Battler is making there is that it's her responsibility to ask for specifics, since she was the one who threw out implication and narrative fidelity in favor of extreme specifics. So yes, Erika could have defined any room she wanted as "Battler's guestroom," but she didn't, because she never asked to be sure that when they talked about a specific room by name, they actually meant the room the narrative described. Hey, she had every opportunity to ask him to clarify!

It's silly, because it's a joke, so I wouldn't look too much harder into it. It is "fair," at least inasmuch as Erika was being "fair."
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote