View Single Post
Old 2013-02-25, 21:21   Link #352
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
As for motorcycles, I can think of many reasons. You're exposed to the environment, they're more dangerous than cars, they have extremely limited storage capacity. Sure, we can redesign many motorcycles to be enclosed, easier to handle (like the "motor tricycles"), and to have more storage space... but I don't think that would be popular. I got my motorcycle license for the fuel efficiency factor, but I have never met any motorcycle rider who stated that as their reason. It's an interesting idea, but we're having a hard enough time of moving people away from huge vehicles over to tiny cars; why would they make the jump to an even tinier vehicle that may lack the "coolness" factor of a traditional motorcycle?
Yea, and consider the number of people... who suck at driving a car. Give these same people a motorcycle... they won't be able to get anywhere... not in one piece anyways.

Personally, I'm a good driver - one of the more smarter ones. However, I don't trust myself with a motorcycle either. Yet, if I were to own one, that'd motivate me to travel around more. Having a car is nice - but traveling around with it can be a pain in the ass... especially to large cities where parking is an issue.