View Single Post
Old 2008-07-19, 09:50   Link #78
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Anh, I think you are forgetting one thing. The nobles were the chosen ones on earth..Have you forgotten church? Church and Christianity made sure that nobles were chosen ones, like Tomas Aquinas wrote in his "Two Kingdoms", earth kingdom is only a reflection of heavenly one, and commoners have to obey the kings and nobles and church or else they will be together with Satan and thus expelled from heavenly kindgom and their souls wont be saved by Christ.

And Christianity was very powerful weapon at those times.

Nobility and churchmen were two of three class system and made sure to manipulate commoners. I would not think that Louise's nobles have more strength in idialogy than earth ones...

People who know little are easy to manipulate thus chruch and nobles were making sure that commoners would not learn to read and not gain knowledge. And made sure to reinstall their fair for the heavenly status of nobility and churchmen as the chosen ones.

Thats why such bastards like Voltaire or Russo were so disliked by nobility and mostly church - they were trying to give commoners knowledge that you could really think "What he does have that that I do not" but in most cases such thoughts were simply impossible to earth commoners.