Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-02-14, 22:58   Link #1542
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
I don't find it odd that people have rape fantasies, male or female, but there's still nothing attractive about being beaten and possibly killed to me. If you think about rape psychologically, it's just that one person is in control, one person has no control. People in cults usually don't like having control and I'm not saying all of them want to be raped, but I can understand why people have such fantasies. On to a more relevant point, I'm torn between what should happen. I don't think a rape game is appropriate to be sold (personal opinion of course), but at the same time I argue that just because you love blowing off steam on GTAIV, it doesn't mean you'll go out and commit mass murder. The main argument for pulling this game is that it puts the player in control of the rape versus just watching a movie where rape takes place. I hate the idea that somewhere a guy is playing this game, but I can't say, "He's going through a rape scenario and that's not right," because I've read the papers and the links between manga/anime/video games and violence and every time I'm offended. I prefer to think that the [already] violent people are attracted to such things rather than it making people violent. The best thing I can hope for is instead of the train of thought that, "It's creating more perverts," I hope it's more, "It's letting people live out their fantasies on 2D characters where no one will get hurt but the pixels."

Did that make any sense because I had an orange Wired and 4 Bawls last night so I'm really tired from bouncing off the walls.