View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 22:30   Link #30863
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkama View Post
The more I read into Shkanon, the more it makes sense. A few things still don't make that much sense like:

1. EP1 Hideyoshi being an arbitrary accomplice. I did read back over this scene though and he could easily be lying. I just wish there was some sort of hint for him being one like all the other accomplices had.

2. EP4 the red about Kanon. Kealym sorta explained this though.

3. EP6 Erika put specific people into specific rooms. It seems unlikely that she wouldn't notice Kanon not being in his room he was assigned as well as the other people in the mansion.

That's about it for things that don't make too much sense to me. EP2 is a perfect Shkanon scenario and EP3 they sorta die in the first twilight. EP5 the viewpoints were subjective so that doesn't really matter.
I think the trick is that the whole game is mostly a roleplay game so piece Erika isn't 'real' and can't really see things on her own but solely when the player instructed her to do so.

However Erika is shown to depend more on teh gamemaster's declarations than on her own piece's observation maybe because for her they're one and the same (Battler tells her what her piece sees). So she doesn't need to have her piece check who enters in the room because Battler will provide her with the names of who's in the room. It's a mistake because if she had asked who her piece saw entering in the room demanding for her piece to check the people entering she would have noticed Kanon had 'disappeared'.

I think pieces are like 'black Battler'... who is going to kill everyone because... witch hunters wants so and not because he really has a free will and decided so.
In the same way piece Erika has no free will and can't investigate if her player doesn't allow her.
Dlanor after all insisted Erika (Meta) is also a piece who can't do what her master doesn't allow her to do.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote