View Single Post
Old 2006-10-06, 18:11   Link #27
Theowne
耳をすませば

Here's an opinion from someone who's never seen anything related to Kanon before this series.

The animation is of course great. I don't really like the main character's design though, it looks a bit dull. And all the girls look similar except for the colors of various features, like a previous poster said they look less like females then some weird entities resembling females....I'm also kind of put off by the extreme "cuteness" and youngness of the females, I mean Nayuki in the present and in the past flashback, aren't exactly too different. And the thing with Ayu spinning around to see her backpack and saying "uguu".....I don't know, I don't find that appealing.....but anyways, the eyes kind of bother me too. My other problem with this episode was the music. I know it's from the game, and everyone who played the game loves the decision, but frankly it feels very generic and simplistic, and the video-game-looped nature of it may work in a game but in a medium like this there is much more potential in using music along with the story. Then again, it's no worse then a lot of other anime. The exception being the music during the flashback at the end, which was nice for the scene. Anyways, I'm still going to continue for a while sicne everyone seems to reccomend it.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..