View Single Post
Old 2007-11-15, 02:25   Link #168
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
alright, if you're going to say that, I want you tell me what scenes exactly in season 1 don't match up with the character you think he's become in season 2, because clearly this overall reference back thing isn't working.
Done that several times already. Instead of me listing out how Yuji wasn't portrayed as a dumb nice harem guy, how about you do the reverse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
well, I think you've basically answered you're own question. it is an unnaturally high jealousy based off a false understanding. Actually spending time with Konoe quickly reveals to Shana that she's not some snake woman, and that this extreme fear of god knows what in Shana's head is in fact ridiculous. Shana's already 'cured' before she goes up to the roof with Yoshida (the little conversation in the classroom reveals that), the lines are just a band aid to make sure Shana doesn't fall into such jealous fits again. Think of it as Yoshida simply putting something Shana has already started to figure out on her own into words (wouldn't be the first time ), which is why Shana quietly listens, immediately applies it to the current situation with Konoe and Yuji, and only acts surprised when Yoshida says she told Shana because she wanted to be fair.
So washing dishes is enough time to get to know Konoe? Geeezzz even we the viewers don't now her. As you already pointed out it is an un-natural high jealousy, so therefore should warrant a little more of a solution then what was currently shown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Similarly with Shana, considering that she probably spends the most time with Yuji out of everyone (morning and night practice training, school, tomogura hunting ect) the time Konoe takes up is miniscule compared to how much time Shana actually spends with Yuji throughout the day. Also if indeed Shana was disturbed by Yuji spending too much time with Konoe, I doubt not showing up for training helps, as now she spends even less time with Yuji. Unless you label that factor as incosistent also, it's probably just a misunderstanding on Yoshida's and Shana's part thinking that Yuji had a romantic relationship with Konoe.
Actually I didn't want to over complicate that post, but since you raised it, doesn't all this add up to Yuji being more then dumb to not notice all the actions on Yoshida and Shana's part? What was going through his head? "Them girls are acting weird, oh well who cares as long as I can spend some quality time looking after my puppy". The point is he actually did notice something was up, but just didn't do anything about it at all until this episode and even then it was brushed aside by the Konoe shirt tug or instigated by someone else....

Yuji guy is portrayed as being rather quick on his feet suddenly in S2 is thick as two planks just coz the subjects are people who fancy him. The tomagura have got it all wrong, instead of trying to kill him straight off they should fancy him first as then that would dull his senses... (ofc Konoe could be that exact plan )

Last edited by grey_moon; 2007-11-15 at 02:42.