View Single Post
Old 2004-03-16, 00:23   Link #23
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Well, to give you a serious answer, it would be: "to get out of this stressful life." Honestly, I am certain I am not the only one living who yearns for the days when you were a student with summer and winter breaks. Sure we may have had exam hell and homework, and back then we all thought "I want to grow up to become an adult so I don't have to do homework."

Well, once you find yourself in society as with a career, you find that you are actually doing exams everyday. Sure, the money maybe good - but in a sense, you lost the freedom that you enjoyed. And you see that most vividly in commuting here in Japan. You see salarymen and corporate warriors with this "dead eye" look that they lost all hope. You see them just going to work, fighting against being "restructured" (euphemism for "fired"), with their only pleasure is groping girls or going to weird places that materializes women. You see no variety. They, we, I - are all tired of this Japanese working system. We want to complain, but we cannot - as to risk being branded "as a failure."

I'm telling you, Japan is just a ticking time bomb that is just waiting for that precise day where all hell breaks loose. We are currently in the thirteenth year of depression with absolutely no sign of recovery. Suicide rates has tripled in the past decade. In the past six years, I saw three people kill themselves right in front of me (well one was behind me on the train going the other direction) by jumping onto a oncoming train at the station. You don't want to fucking see what happens to a human body when it collides with a train going 110-120km/hr. And the fallacy of Japanese society being a "safe and well-mannered" place is crumbling before our eyes. Plainly visible with all the fucked up crimes that we hear everyday that we just don't care anymore.

Forget everything, all your riches and all your life, all the stressful ideas of "oh if I quit my job, how am I going to support my family" or "My family relies on me to pay for the mortage...." I would choose to live in an anime world.

Or, if I had the guts, move away from Japan and start my new life over somewhere else. Unfortunately, I don't see this happening anytime soon (unless...).
man that seems messed up. I remember when i went to japan i see people sleepin in the streets. and some girls with blond hair looking like they doing crack and have nothing to do.

But overall it's pretty fun, especially trying to order food. that shit was funny. I was yelling at that idiot and pointing at the picture. HAHAHAHA man i'm a rude american.

move to canada, nice weather, and it's the closest thing you can get to america and with nicer people
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote