Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Phi Brain: God's Puzzle (all seasons)
View Single Post
Old 2011-08-20, 13:36   Link #21
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
This is seriously not getting enough attention. The second PV looks awesome and with Sato Junichi directing I have a lot of confidence that the story will be delivered well.
This isn't the kind of show that gets much attention around these parts, what with apparently being focused on puzzles and such and lacking a girl like Catherine to pull people in. Plus all the people are probably looking towards Horizon and Gundam Age instead. The former seemingly cause it has lots of well-endowed chicks and quirky character design in a sci-fi/fantasy world and the latter cause it's....well....Gundam. I'm sure people over in Japan have taken some notice of Phi Brain though. It really is looking interesting as of the second PV.

Tiger & Bunny started off with very little attention being paid it's way here on AS compared to right now and took a couple months (till about late May) to build a sizeable audience (I'd argue it was the Dragon Kid episode that finally drew a stable audience here ) through word of mouth so maybe this show will need to manage the same. That's just kind of what it's like when you try something a little less common in the anime world.

edit: Oh and it's probably the character designs more than anything that are working against the show. I personally have no problem with them, but they are pretty uncommon and different looking and that's probably a turn off for many.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote