View Single Post
Old 2009-02-17, 08:06   Link #107
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Allegation? It can be confirmed as much as it wants. Fact is that allegation is based on trying to mod a legitimate program's dll with something that was tampered and obviously unverified. And how's that DRM protection? Inability to crack something suddenly became crippling DRM protection?

I thought I read "user-mode processes that ARE HANDLING DRM-protected content". First of all, is your legally purchased software gonna have any trouble running? My RIPPED Flac media play just fine, as are all my other ripped media, so I fail to see where's the horrible crippling. I mean, that ripped flacs come from CDs I own, but miraculously enough, when I ripped them, they had no DRM installed. Then again, I don't buy stuff from crappy companies that want to DRM the universe. Damn, I ripped them MYSELF in Vista, surely whatever program I used would get crippled in the process cause of the horrible Vista DRM monitoring, that monitors user-created processes blahblah. If you HAVE DRM-protected content, it means it was bought legitimately through normal channels, therefore you agreed to the publisher's DRM protection. What's wrong with the OS actually watching that the DRM is in place (if it does in the end). If you didn't want the DRM, do something about it and actually DON'T BUY IT AT ALL. Many of the DRM movements are getting revoked anyway, even Itunes store is going DRM-free. On the unsigned drivers? What the hell is unsigned code doing in a system? That's the developer's problem really, Microsoft's model calls for signed drivers for system integrity.

See, Vexx, THIS is what I call FUD. The OS has problems but this is not one of them.

PS: Quicklaunch bar. Beta version -> Send Feedback. I imagine that if many people want the quicklaunchbar back, Microsoft will probably re-enable it, or at least have an easy obvious way for users to enable it. You have to be an idiot to disregard a minor complain that many users have and is easy to fix. Personally, I don't care about it and I'm a heavy pc user. I imagine most users won't care about it, the pinned programs thing does the job for me.

Last edited by npal; 2009-02-17 at 08:35.
npal is offline   Reply With Quote