View Single Post
Old 2013-09-06, 17:38   Link #136
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode120x View Post
True true. You might start to feel the long turn queues past turn 50. Even a Kotaku reviewer mentioned waiting 3-5 minutes per turn when his actual turn was less than a minute. I started to run into 1minish turns when cities got bigger of all the factions and armies got larger. Tbh, I'm having a lot of a fun and I love the game, opposite of the majority haha, but it does need some beef-ups and I'm sure within the next few weeks things should get fixed. It's just a lot of people were expecting too much and/or are not liking the graphics issues and bugs (I wouldn't either), but it will be fixed.
Again different rigs because I'm at 119 and am still getting reasonable turn times.

And I'm not so sure about the majority.

After things like Pacific Rim, Mass Effect 3, Dredd 3D, Scott Pilgrim, I learned that while the internet can be loud it means nothing in the long run or big picture.

Quote:
I just wish AI combat difficulty is fixed! I'm getting tired of just 1-2 minute battles and tired of fighting crappy azz armies. The AI doesn't even defend their territory and I'm playing on Very Hard. I do notice they send their armies to my states, but they never have troops garrisoned as they do in Shogun 2. It's pretty bad, but I do love just squashing the armies lolz.
Usually I have to amp the difficulty up to H/VH to get any challenges. I'm playing on normal and it's only the stronger factions that survived mid-game that are sending full stacks at me that have been barely touched. Once more things have been patched up and the game is a lot more stable I may play a Hard campaign as Rome.

One thing I should point out in regards to the battles is they still feel similar whenever I'm dealing with an equal opponent which is why I'm having a hard time seeing the 30 seconds battles people keep talking about. I've seen thorax swordsmen and legionaries fighting to the death when surrounded.

Quote:
I doubled the unit sizes and it makes combat so much more fun and realistic (well of course, much larger armies)

Dev post on the main TW forums. Good to know they're doing what they can, even if it's just posting a reply
Because they want to make sure the game is great and unfortunately the internet is a very harsh place.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote