View Single Post
Old 2010-11-08, 07:39   Link #135
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
By the way, why was it that Kanzaki was just an observer? I couldn't really understand her role in this arc. I mean, I got that the Amakusa are trying to make up for apparently getting slaughtered in previous battles and want to follow "a righteous path" because Kanzaki felt guilty for their deaths, but really, I didn't get why Kanzaki was there at all. Her role seems kind of forced and contrived in this arc. I'd rewatch it, but the parts where she's on screen seemed mostly throw-away.
Actually, I agree with this statement, I don't see why Kanzaki needed to appear in this arc except as a reason for Necessarius to get involve. Originally this was an internal matter for the RCC there's no need for Stiyl or Index to help them. But because Necessarius fears the political backlash should Kaori side with the Amakusa, they sent Stiyl, Index and Touma to assist.

As for Kanzaki's motive, she just wanted to see if the Amakusa have strayed from their path, and whether they could carry on without her or would they just fall apart.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote