View Single Post
Old 2008-07-09, 16:12   Link #1096
AnCri123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And yes, here Henrietta looks really pitiful. I probably liked her the most at this point and at a few volumes after it... But starting with volume 9 I started to like her less and less... Well maybe it started with volume 7 but it was only very slightly... With volume 9 and volumes after it went more rapidly.
please, can you explain this a bit further? I keep hearing that in later volumes Henrietta isnt quite so 'nice' as she is portrayed in the beginning, but the unfortunate me doesnt speak japanese so i cant read it for myself.

One thing i noticed from the already translated chapters, is that in the novels she is significantly less of an idealistic queen then they make her out to be in the anime. In the anime, in almost every scene she has appeared so far she is shown to be some kind of a overly perfect ruler with self-sacrificial tendencies, but in the novels she is considerably more selfish and imperfect. I dont have much to go on here, since she doesnt have that many appearances compared to other characters, but i'm really interested to see how her character develops.
AnCri123 is offline   Reply With Quote