View Single Post
Old 2012-05-22, 06:17   Link #203
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Great to have you back reviewing this fanfic, night_sentinel! ^_^

I really enjoyed reading both your review of this Sayaka route finale, as well as Kogetsu's review of it. Now, time to reply to those reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Sigh... Wow I missed a lot huh... This is what I get for getting addicted to mahjong of all things... I'll probably downloading the VN version of this or read it backwards until I catch up. I'll have lots of fun guessing how the hell everything happened lol...
lol, you probably will. And given who's in your Anime Suki avatar, I'm not surprised that you're addicted to mahjong. I myself might need to get more into mahjong just to follow most of the discussion on the Saki Achiga-hen series thread, lol.

Quote:
Congratulations on finishing a major route Triple_R and its a Sayaka Romance. Btw, random trivia there is a Madoka light novel being published and according to my friend who can read japanese she called Sayaka "her knight" there.
Nice! That is cute.

Quote:

Sayaka is very romantic and all but perhaps I am simply lacking context because I'm laughing at the number of reference that you managed to pack into it.
This is one of the major route ends where I intended for much of the fun to be loads and loads of anime references. I'm glad you enjoyed them!

As for the romance side of things, this finale admittedly only put the finishing touches on Madoka/Sayaka since I felt I'd already done almost enough with their development in the previous chapters of this route. So yeah, the romance bit would probably be pretty weak out of context.

Quote:
You managed to blend Guilty Crown and Tiger & Bunny at the same time which is quite a feat.
Thanks! I'm glad that at least couple of my readers have actually seen Tiger and Bunny, lol.

Speaking of which, what do you think of the idea of T and B's Kotetsu as Sayaka's father? Did that fit well for you?

Quote:
Plus you added Nanoha as Sayaka and Madoka's child which kinda make sense if you think about Nanoha's idealism and her befriend everything approach to life.
That's exactly my thinking too.

Quote:

The only thing that saddens me with the update is Homura. After playing the psp game I can't help but ship MadokaxHomura. But, a silver lining to this is Homura I think will be content as long as Madoka as happy even if it is not her, Oh well...
That is one of the sadder elements of this route end. But it's not something that I think I could ignore, given the strength of Homura's feelings.

I can't stress enough that this fanfic really is intended to be like a romance route VN. I would say that the Sayaka route is roughly equivalent to the Kotomi route in Clannad or the Mai route in Kanon. In other words, an important route, but a pretty different one, and not the "True Route".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post

Well now, starting off with a proposal, eh? Honestly, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to that as a possible part of the ending, and you certainly didn't disappoint.
I figured this would be a good way to kick off the finale, and I'm glad it worked for you.

Quote:
The entire restaurant cheering for the two of them after Madoka's acceptance makes it even better. Which reminds me... Your username means "Rushing Ramen Rainbow?"
Get it while it's hot!

Quote:

Meanwhile, in the past(which is still the future from our vantage point)... that had to be an awkward phone conversation. "Hi, Mama. No, I'm fine. I'm at Sayaka's... yes, her mother knows... well, a kidnapper held some friends of mine for ransom and Sayaka's dad showed up and saved the day... oh... and... the school kinda blew up in the process."
You pretty much summed up why I didn't actually write the dialogue for the phone conversation.

Quote:

Spoiler for Tiger's Turbulent Tale:
I'm glad you liked Tiger's backstory. It was something I slowly pieced together after I decided to make Kotetsu Miki an actual superhero. Since I had already used Guilty Crown elements elsewhere, I felt they'd fit in pretty well here as well.

Quote:
Anyway, back to the present, which is still technically the past, even though it's still the future. The tearful reconciliation of the Miki trio was truly a touching scene. After which, we join the PM three in watching a news report with some rather familiar names popping up. I wonder if "veteran news reporter" Ritsu Hirasawa is related to "ClariS manager" Haruka Hirasawa...
My idea is that they're both daughters of a certain Gitah-lover.

Quote:
er, anyway, I gotta hand it to Barnaby "Bunny" Brooks, he certainly knows how to spin the truth a bit. And unlike what Kyouko was suggesting, it wasn't a total lie. After all, there were two suits in use that night, and at least one of them caused the explosion.
True. I'm glad Barnaby's explanation worked for you.

Quote:

Anyway, Kyouko, being the daughter of a preacher man, was able to perform the ceremony for the two girls she most likely became good friends with over the years. And quite a ceremony indeed: a blissfully lighted hall, Kyousuke performing the music (which I'm sure made Sayaka incredibly happy), Hitomi and Mami playing dual bridesmaids, and of course the radiant brides themselves... why, even Nanami applauded. The only drawback was the unfortunate, yet understandable, absense of Homura. I can't imagine she'd be all that thrilled with seeing Madoka get married to someone else, after all.
I'm glad that the marriage scene itself, though short, managed to be appealing to you.

Quote:

Before I continue... I love the choice of music for the ending, and I think it fits the scene nicely.
Thanks! The very last scene of this chapter made me think a bit of Clannad, so I thought it might be nice to go with a softer Clannad song.

Quote:

Madoka's dreams of having a family with Sayaka... turns out they aren't just a dream after all. Not only is Sayaka definitely on-board with raising a child with Madoka, it's their child in every sense of the word, thanks to the genius of the brilliant Jail Scaglietti.
I could think of no anime character better for this role than Dr. Jail Scaglietti, lol.

Quote:
Robotics and reproductive technologies... that's certainly an interesting way of putting what he does.
lol!

Quote:
At any rate, Madoka opened a cafe, which I'm going to think of as being called... um... the Midori-ya, after her close friend Hitomi's hair color(yeah, that's it), and nine months later gave birth to an adorable little girl by the oddly familiar name of Nanoha... judging from the picture, it looks like she may have inherited Madoka's hair ribbons.
Good eye!

Quote:

Speaking of pictures, the one that closes out this particular story is a very nice way to truly end this route. Here's to this particular pair of Madoka and Sayaka finding happiness, both with each other as well as with their daughter Nanoha, who I'm sure has a great life ahead of her. Who knows? Maybe she'll even find someone who Fate says she should be with.

In short: Great job! I'm thoroughly satisfied and truly impressed with how this turned out. I really do mean that.

Thanks a lot! Who knows? Maybe one of these days I'll write a fanfic spinoff for just this route called "Puella Magi Lyrical Nanoha".

The only question is... will she meet a nice ferret... or a white rat?