View Single Post
Old 2012-05-27, 12:10   Link #283
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
It's easy to hate Mikono because she's the reason her relationship has gone nowhere with Amata and than you have Zessica who has done a ton of things. Doesn't help that Mikono has very weak reasons to loving Amata and Amata has even less reasons to worship Mikono as well. While Zessica had her reasons spelled out over a number of episodes.

And no, Mikjono is a much weaker character than Zessica and extremely underdeveloped. At least she isn't has underdeveloped as her reasons for being with Amata are, that's just been a disaster.

I find that hard to believe considering how you're treating Mikono as a saint. You saying Kagura is your favorite and Mikono isn't doesn't change the message in your post that shows your support for Mikono. Than granting her a pass while not providing any reasons why you're against Zessica or to explain why you believe Mikono is somehow a far superior character when clearly she isn't considering her development has been one of the slowest with only Kagura having her beat in that regard and he isn't even shown anywhere near as much as Mikono has been. If you wish to debate than you should provide depth, if you don't than we'll leave it at that.

You're now letting your emotions get the best of you. I suggest you drop this since you did say you didn't want to get back in this debate anyway. Considering your responses I believe it's best that you keep your word in that regard.

Unlike some I gave her a chance but after 21 episodes she's a heartless witch compared to Zessica. They managed to make Zessica extremely likeable and gave her reasons for why she does and feels things but Mikono is still at the "I don't know" phase. How many times do they need her to say that? We get it, she doesn't know why she's doing many of the things she's doing but her hammering it in isn't all that redeeming when Zessica knows why she's doing things and faces the consequences of doing things while Mikono refuses to face the consequences of not doing things.
Mikono stops being in the "I dont know" phase when she tells Fudou that she is ready for the truth and she journeys with him to find out the truth(Episode 20 and 21).
Zessica's mostly likeable towards the male populace, but her kiss scene with Amata was definately win in a way. She's my favorite character along with Kagura because they are both wild cards, at least in the beginning of the anime. Mikono only irritates me because she is a MC, if she wasn't, I would have just found her boring(please don't label me as a Mikono hater).
Watched Episode 15 again and Kagura is definately win. After rewatching episode 15 again, i realized that my only qualm with Mikono is that she protected Kagura but she has never protected Amata in that same or similar manner. If Amata is the one she loves, then why doesn't she protect him too since she was able to protect Kagura. I no longer mind her protecting Kagura but she needs to protect Amata too for me to accept her character in a better light.