View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 23:15   Link #857
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Thanks for the salvaging tips. I'm hitting 80 soon and I need some quick gold to buy a full set of exotics.
I highly advise against buying Exotics from the Trading Post because (1) they are highly overpriced (at least for named items); and (2) the stats are just fluffier than Rares (~13% increase). For example, if a Rare gives you +100 Power, the Exotic version will give you +113 Power. Same for all other stats. It's not an incredible upgrade stat-wise (to me, at least) and they are priced extremely high due to the rarity of the materials (you need at least 5x Globs of Ectoplasm per piece, which translates to 30 globs for armor set, 25 globs for accessory set, and 5-20 globs - depending if you're two-handing or main-/off-handing for your weapon set) necessary to craft them.

If you really want to buy Exotics, I'd recommend it for weapons (because of higher base damage), but not armors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
It says "Game client has lost connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again. Then a bunch of numbers on the (Code). Yet I can still get back on Animesuki and chat just fine.
Is the error code starting with 7:x:x:x:x? If so, the support information is as below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 Support
"The game client lost its connection to the server. Please wait a few minutes before restarting the client and trying again."

If you continue to experience this error after waiting and restarting the client, please try temporarily disabling any security software such as Norton, AVAST, AVG, or McAfee. If this does not work, you might also try adjusting the 'security' setting within the firewall settings. Lowering this setting to 'medium' or 'low' will often clear up connection issues.

In the event that adjusting the security settings does not resolve the issue, please try temporarily uninstalling the security software completely. If this does resolve the issue, please contact the software manufacturer for instructions on how to configure it correctly if you wish to reinstall it.

In addition, Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCsoft or ArenaNet.

If you are connecting to Guild Wars 2 while on a campus, military, or business network, please check with your network's administrator to verify that these ports are fully opened and unrestricted. If you are on a home Local Area Network (LAN), you will want to make sure that your network's hardware is properly configured.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Frostgorge Sound, the northern lv 70-80 zone. Every 3 hours like the other dragons. Unlike them though he actually has fight mechanics and the battle can take a long time if people are being stupid.
But ... but ... but ... I wanna get stomped by him (at least once) for the achievement! D:
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote