View Single Post
Old 2013-01-17, 09:00   Link #1408
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Just started watching this yesterday knowing nothing to expect and just finished catching up. I've got to say that at first I was rather taken aback at how loosely they based its settings to the irl counterpart (though I guess that's a common symptom in Japanese anime), but the engaging story line and very like-able characters more than made up for it.

But then, the story started to adopt a shounen battle story line (stronger enemies keep appearing one after another, power ups). Nothing really wrong with that, and maybe that was what the author planned to do in the first place, but I really liked the original "feel" in the story. It felt like I was watching the ancient epic fairy tales in the making, something of a delight for an enthusiast of fairy tales like me.

Like I said, I watched this knowing nothing to expect. I started to develop some expectations as I continue watching, and felt slightly disappointed that it wasn't met fully like I expected. But overall, I still enjoy this. I have genuinely grown fond of the cast and is curious of how they will end up, so I will continue watching this, even if just for that.
True, the original large scope found in the manga is a bit lost when translated to animation due to lack of room for info-dumping but it should be made up for somewhat in later eps.