AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old Yesterday, 00:52   Link #181
Julio C
Bury My Shell

You know that paint ain't coming off their school uniforms, good thing they graduated already and don't need them anymore.

Anyway, the show started out strong with great character introductions and plot, but the drama and execution fell flat at the end. I'll give it a C+ by my standards.

The 12/13 episode format was not the issue here.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:59   Link #182
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Bait.

For better or worse this wasn't a drama so much as a character driven SoL. It just didn't have the school year to structure around... until graduation anyway.
Old Yesterday, 11:45   Link #183
HandofFate

I didn't mind the last 3rd as a lot of people here. Gonna go down the things I did like, and things I didn't. But overall, positive. And we need more original animes of this quality.
Seems like Nono-tan was really the main character, despite Mahiru being the opener, it was just all about Kano, screw everyone else.

Good for Mahiru having a good first professional experience. And it seemed to push her in a direction, as we see her taking the exams for an art university. Good for her. Really happy about this for her.

Only thing I don't get is the performance order, other than to just end it on the show's focus.
The mom allowed Jelle to join in on the show. But this is The Sundoll's show and they're the priority, its a 'collaboration' for politeness.
So it makes no sense that the Sundolls are OPENING for JELLE, like what? The best thing that Jelle should have gotten is being the opener for Sundoll. That's the only flaw I saw in the whole thing given how business and career focused the Mom is shown as.

I don't care about the yuri bait stuff at all, can't two girls or two guys be really close friends without it being yuri or yaoi.

The Kuiu and plastic surgery girl seems more that side atm though lol. But its just left to interpretation.

also, wait the Mom idol was actually 42?! lol Didn't before she said she was 32?

Mello and Kano starting to hang out together is so dumb, yea I agree with that. They hated eachother while in the idol group, and it ended with Kano assaulting her. But now they're laughing. Yea ok, I don't buy that part.

Not sure how to take the thing between Kano and her Mom, we didn't really see much of her, and what we did is thru second hand accounts. They're estranged, but considering Kano's actions that we seen the most of, she's the one that ran off and cut contact, rather than her Mom kicking her out. Kano has a toxic and violent streak in her.

Overall, an 8/10 for me
Old Yesterday, 22:42   Link #184
Alchemist007
*Author

There was some good build up, the landing wasn't narratively clean or well elaborated but it made it through. I could almost accept Kano making up with Mero largely off screen, but the mother needed a real conversation with to make it believable. I don't think she talked to her mother properly the entire show except maybe in flashbacks? Early on I thought this show would be an easy 8, alas.

7/10
Old Today, 03:44   Link #185
DolFunDolphinVtuber

I really enjoyed this anime from star to finish, I will definitely miss it.
I am really happy that things worked out for everyone in the end.
There was something in their past that haunted them, but they were able to overcome them, and I enjoyed seeing them all being happy at the end
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote