AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-20, 13:26   Link #241
Frontier

The fate of the Earth now rests in the hands of a game of tag between an alien oni girl who just wants her Darling to say he loves her and the boy who refuses to say it even if it kills him. There is absolutely no righteousness in this conflict .

It really is full-circle bringing it back to a game of tag between Lum and Ataru, only this time he has no chance of catching her if he's not honest with his feelings .

Ataru has other ways to get Lum's attention! Telling her how romantic words don't mean anything, flirting with other women, or insulting her! But it shows how serious Lum is taking this that it won't work this time...well, she can still shock him though .

By day 5 Ataru's teacher is yelling at him, his parents are yelling at him, the whole world is practically yelling at him to just get this over with, but he won't give in to the pressure. Meanwhile Rupa and Karula actually resolve their relationship issues showing it's not THAT hard !

Did you really think Lum would jeopardize the entire Earth? The Earth will be saved either way, the only thing at risk if Ataru isn't honest and lets her see he loves her is wiping away the entire Earths' memories of her and all the quirky aliens. Even finding that out isn't enough to make Ataru give in though .

Benten rightfully calls Lum out for making this choice for all the aliens when they've become fond of Earth too, and maybe she would have talked Lum out of it...had Benten not activated the memory erasing device herself. Oops !

The final eyecatch with everybody there !

It tells you how serious this is and how this is the true final episode when even Ten is sharing a tender moment with Ataru and will miss him .

It's nice to see the entire gang all chipping in to take down the giant Oni robot even if it's moving too fast to hit it with their balls and stop it. This is all going to come down to Ataru and Lum .

Why can't Ataru to say it? Doesn't he love Lum? Does he really want to lose his precious memories with Lum? But that's not the problem, it's easy for a flirt like him to profess his love to any girl, but Lum is special. He can't just say he loves her because she means too much to him to say something he could say to another girl. All he can do is keep chasing after her and trying to get her to understand how he really feels .

And when she sees he's been holding onto her horns this entire chase, she finally realizes the truth...Ataru DOES love her, he's just always shown it in his actions and in all the moments he's truly cherished her. And that's enough for her, as the pair romantically embrace and she lets him hold her horns !

The Earth is saved! Everyone's memories are safe! And Lum and Ataru get to share a moment together in bliss even if Ataru is still a bit of a tsundere about it .

And there's still always going to be more Urusei Yatsura fun. Look at Lum and Ataru's parents finally meeting (complete with OG!Ataru and OG!Lum finally sharing a scene)! The gang in the snow together! Ran and Benten naked in a frozen bath! What if the gang were in the Edo period! And plenty more !

But one thing doesn't change...Ataru flirting with other women, making Lum mad, and causing her to shock him. But they fully know their feelings for each other, and Lum will get him to say he loves her even if she has to chase him to the ends of the Earth, as they head off to a new future together along with the entire cast! All set to the Urusei Yatsura theme .
Old 2024-06-20, 17:45   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This remake got a lot of hate, but I liked it. I only watched the original anime a few years ago and I was never a big fan of it, so there was no nostalgia or bias involved. I think the two are honestly on par, although I'd say the original had higher highs. Some famous episodes of the original became mundane in this remake. Still worth it to see stories that were never adapted.

Voice cast was fantastic, they got all the big names they could think of. Sumire Uesaka killed it as Lum.

Was there actually a need for this remake? Probably not, since none of the new stories were particularly memorable save for one. But it was an enjoyable watch.
Old 2024-06-20, 19:46   Link #243
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This remake got a lot of hate, but I liked it. I only watched the original anime a few years ago and I was never a big fan of it, so there was no nostalgia or bias involved. I think the two are honestly on par, although I'd say the original had higher highs. Some famous episodes of the original became mundane in this remake. Still worth it to see stories that were never adapted.

Voice cast was fantastic, they got all the big names they could think of. Sumire Uesaka killed it as Lum.

Was there actually a need for this remake? Probably not, since none of the new stories were particularly memorable save for one. But it was an enjoyable watch.
This was actually my first introduction to the franchise and now I've checked out the manga and plan to check out the original anime because I enjoyed it so much !

David Production and the entire remake cast really knocked it out of the park. I think Lum deserves to be one of Sumire Uesaka's top 5 roles because she absolutely nailed it from start to finish, especially in this episode. I hope we can hear her play Lum again at some point .
Old 2024-06-20, 21:09   Link #244
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I didn't have any connection to the original so this was a chance to see a story I might have never gotten around to seeing. And I think on a technical level everything was pretty solid. David Production did good work as they usually do. The voice actors were pretty darn good. I agree with Sumire Uesaka doing great as Lum. I think she's been playing some great roles over the past few years in particular. This was another good one.

Last episode was probably one of the best. It had some good elements to it and the stakes certainly got a bit crazy with the memory wipe. But I guess those stakes were needed since they couldn't let Lum be so heartless that she'd leave a planet to be wiped out by mushrooms. Wiping the memories of a planet is extreme but it's physically harmless. So it's still better .

No surprise on how it went. Ataru is as stubborn as they come. Though hey, I at least appreciate the monologues for both sides even if they didn't say them to each other. There's a level I can agree with with Ataru focusing on her not having any idea if the words would even be true or mean anything. But on Lum's side she'd rather hear it than not hear anything. I suppose ending it with a symbolic showing of his affection is the best Ataru could manage and thankfully that was enough!

Funny to say this with how good the last episode was...but I thought the series was kind of middle of the road overall. At times being a bit meh. With it being a show that was so built up on comedy it probably didn't help that I just didn't find the show very funny . I do think the comedy was good and could see how it would work for people. But it just missed for me most of the time . It was the serious moments like the final episode that had this show working the best. But at almost 50 episodes I don't think there were quite enough of them .

It was fine. The show had moments and was never unwatchable. Never felt like I was going to drop it. And on some level I can imagine how Lum has been this legendary waifu for such a long time. There's a lot of charm in the character. But still...6/10 for me.
Old 2024-06-22, 20:27   Link #245
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Pretty much agree.

There was some more new content than the first season had, with the same goofball characters.

7/10