AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-02, 09:08   Link #41
Frontier

What really happened to Taiyo's famly? He doesn't get long to dwell on that because not only is the Deputy Prime Minister kidnapped...but Kuroyuri escapes .

Aw, the Yozakura's are all worried about Taiyo in their own way! Mutsumi's cooked up a grand feast as Best Wife, Nanao is experimenting and accidentally mutating himself to find things to treat Taiyo, Kengo has a face mask ready for Taiyo in case he gets roughed up a lot, Shion is doxxing the haters, Kenzo is a stressed shut-in (so...basically normal for him), Futaba believes in him, and Kyoichiro...okay, Kyoichiro is straight up hoping bad stuff happens to him but that's pretty much a given .

They're not dealing with some goofy politician bad guy, Kuroyuri is actually Kurogao, an infamous and deadly spy with an axe to grind against the politicians who once used him, one he's willing to livestream to the public as he plans to execute the Deputy Prime Minister. Though not if Taiyo has anything to say about it .

Taiyo has a bunch of skills from his Yozakura Family, but Kurogao is a consumate spy who always observes and gets all the information about his targets, meaning he knows every move Taiyo is going to make before Taiyo even makes them !

Kurogao was a ruthless and efficient spy and assassin...but he was also a doting and goofy father with his daughter, Yuri (Hina Yomiya?), and it seems like he worked so hard to take care of her after his wifes' passing. And then things took a turn for the worse when their house got bombed and Yuri died in the process...on her birthday, no less. And while Kurogao understands it's just how the spy game is played...they never should have touched his daughter .

Sui is able to easily handle the color triplets, especially when he unleashes the full power of the Hinagiku .

Taiyo and Kurogao are kindred spirits, they both suffered great loss and understand just how cruel and unfair the world is...but Taiyo had Mutsumi, and her family, to get him through the loss of his own, and that means he has enough conviction to not let anyone else die in front of him. And the one move Kurogao didn't expect was him busting out the Hinagiku moves and THEN finishing it with everything he learned from his family !

Say what you will about Kurogao, he respected Taiyo enough to acknowledge him and give him info about what happened to his family...even if he got killed by a fourth party. It might be too much to hope he's reunited with his daughter in the afterlife...but at least Taiyo can put flowers on Yuri's grave. She deserved that much .

At least Taiyo has his fam and Mutsumi still waiting to embrace him from a safe return .

Next week: The return of Ayaka !
Old 2024-06-02, 16:00   Link #42
Chosen_Hero

And so (just like in Reborn!) the set up is almost done and plot can begin from this point onwards, is this one cour or two? Because if it's one then season 2 will be great.
Old 2024-06-02, 16:10   Link #43
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And so (just like in Reborn!) the set up is almost done and plot can begin from this point onwards, is this one cour or two? Because if it's one then season 2 will be great.
I'm 90% sure it's a straight 2-cour.
Old 2024-06-02, 18:13   Link #44
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I'm 90% sure it's a straight 2-cour.
Good, it should be.
Old 2024-06-09, 09:08   Link #45
Frontier

No better way to celebrate a successful mission than a Hinagiku Hot Pot! Complete with ingredients from giant animals (and a dog) Rin killed with her own hands! Kyoichiro even gets an invite because he brought the good booze .

Aw, look at Taiyo trying to feed his wife! Too bad Kyoichiro won't let him get away with it and it devolves into a food fight between him and Rin. But hey, if you can still pick up the flying food with Hinagiku super moves, it still works out! Taiyo just needs to build up better endurance for his body to pull them off !

Taiyo has a lot to think about what Kurogao gave him...not just possibly the answers to what really happened to his family but whether he could kill someone in revenge like what Kurogao did. But what better way to clear his head than Mutsumi kissing him? Because she knows Taiyo and has complete faith in him, and loves him. All the better if it makes Kyoichiro bleed out of his eyes !

As if Taiyo didn't have enough on his plate, Ayaka is now the live-in Yozakura maid and is still as enthusiastic and sadistic towards him as ever, showing her love by keeping him on his toes and getting turned on by how difficult Taiyo's life is, while also getting cushy with Mutsumi at the same time. That's our Ayaka .

I guess Shion decoding the bubble will take long enough for more SoL content before they're ready to get to the main plot...

I dunno, I'd avoid Nanao tea if I was in that position...

Taiyo can't even relax in the bath! Though he can pull a hero moment and save Ayaka from getting electrocuted, all the while embracing her buck-naked. Which also doesn't help him get Kyoichiro when he catches him on top of her. No cheating on Mutsumi !

Speaking of...you know that moment when a wife catches the name of someone she doesn't know on her husbands' phone? That happens here. Though Ayaka takes it wayyyyy more seriously than Mutsumi does .

Mutsumi is just happy to take strolls with Taiyo on a walk with Goliath, and who wouldn't love walking with a genetically mutated and loyal to the Yozakura Family Head dog like Goliath? Also, Mutsumi is the spitting image of her great-great-grandmother .

So walking with Goliath means holding on for dear life as he races trains, across buildings, and rivers .

Goliath tries to protect Mutsumi from an assassin but Taiyo is way ahead of him. And Mutsumi takes someone hurting Taiyo REALLY personally. You can call her a figurehead if you like, but she still has an attack dog and resources she can turn against you! No one hurts Mutsumi's family !

Well, the jig is up! Momikiri is a cute Hinagiku agent but she has enough sense to clear the air that Taiyo was just working with her grandfather to secure Kyoichiro's favorite tea for him! And Kyoichiro is so distraught that he has to torture himself over the idea of Taiyo being a good brother-in-law! But that just makes Taiyo the man Mutsumi loves !
Old 2024-06-16, 09:06   Link #46
Frontier

Futaba's favorite pastime isn't baseball...it's launching baseballs at her little brothers to help train them !

Taiyo has been going on all these missions and doing all this spy stuff...and there's a literal spy licensese he needed to get!? And they're only telling him about this now? Though I guess now he's ready to actually take the exam for it. All the better to get that pension and benefits! And now Taiyo basically knows what Kyoichiro is going to threaten him with before Kyoichiro even does it .

Oh hey, normal-sized Nanao !

Shion's computer system turning into a horror movie makes Futaba.exe stop working. Because even the toughest girls are utterly terrified of ghosts. I mean, zombies, monsters, she can fight those hand-to-hand...but ghosts? What is she supposed to touch? It's impossible! So Futaba becomes a little kid who has to be doted on and cared for by the rest of her family, which is actually kind of cute in its own way. Plus Mutsumi being a great little sister by letting Futaba clamp onto her head even to the point of nearly rearranging it .

"Momotaro: Without Honor or Humanity" - Basically Momotaro if it's a crime drama. A story so great it puts Mutsumi to sleep after a single sentence. Also, what a huge bonnet Futaba has .

Futaba isn't scared of ghosts just for a gag, she's scared of them because of her mothers' death and how she was unable to do anything to save her, meaning all her hand-to-hand skills can't defeat those intangible threats like ghosts or death. But Taiyo is in the same boat with the loss of his own family, but that just spurs him on to fight even harder for the Yozakura's. And this becomes a good bonding moment between sister and brother in law. Futaba is rooting for you, Taiyo !

I don't think any of the other spies taking the exam have cheering wives with lunches ready for them like Mutusmi does for Taiyo !

Jun Fukuyama, you're in this!? As Hoshifuru, a playboy spy who swings both ways and now has his sights set on Taiyo (I'm getting Ayaka vibes). And obviously Mutsumi is not happy around a dude trying to seduce her husband .

Poor twintail girl getting launched into a roof. Also I love how many people got blown up during the bomb exam .

The final test is racing for your license while the entire testing area is coming to pieces...and Hoshifuru sacrifices himself for Taiyo, but it wouldn't be Taiyo if he let someone else sacrifice themselves for his benefit, and that passes the REAL final test, a test of character. Now Taiyo is officially a licensed spy, with yet another admirer in Hoshifuru .

Figures Kyoichiro would be late to Taiyo's celebration, because he spent all that time prepping the areas for where he can stalk Mutsumi...and was the "ghost" sacring Futaba. Yeah, he earned those broken bones. Just like Taiyo earned a place in the new Yozakura Congratulations photo !
Old Yesterday, 09:10   Link #47
Frontier

A lovely lady in the rain...a bleeding out thug in an alley...this fateful encounter sets the stage for a present-day prison break .

Taiyo picked up a cool grandpa voiced by Kazuhiko Inoue from school! None other than Ban Yozakura, his grandpa-in-law who is as charming as he is quick to flirt with the ladies! And he's come to celebrate his grandchildrens' marriage .

Of course he's also an escaped con...well, technically, he just stays in prison to get insider info and periodically breaks out to have fun. Which would be all well and good if he didn't have a weakness for women and blabbed secrets to them. So I get why his family wants to keep him locked up but he can pretty much escape from anything, even Kyoichiro's wires !

Of course he takes his happily married grandson to partake in some hostesses and cute ladies...while also revealing sensitive information to them like it's nothing. Though it takes a real man to strip down to his tighty-whities and still look cool for the girls, especially with his shredded body .

But Ban isn't just here to have fun, he wants to reminiscene with Taiyo about his own wife Keiko and wax lyrical about her (and their sex life) so Taiyo understands what it means to marry into the Yozakura family. But Taiyo hasn't regretted being with Mutsumi, or marrying her, once .

Ban talking like this is the anniversary of Keiko's death but she's still alive and still as much of a looker as she was in her youth! And she's still the only woman who can catch her husband. I see handcuffing escaping family members runs in the women of the Yozakura family .

So this was their anniversary...and Keiko is sending him back to prison for it. But the dude is massively obsessed with his wife, which I guess is couple goals, and Taiyo and Mutsumi get to look on that while enjoying their relationship with each other as both couples hold hands. I'm glad Ban got his date with Keiko in the end .

Ban wants to spend more time with the grandkids but it's time for a Yozakura family shopping trip! Complete with everyone but Kyoichiro in new casual clothes! Mutsumi looks absolutely beautiful in that dress, all the moreso when she uses her charms to make Kyoichiro pay the bill !

Mutsumi is the mom so she has to shop for all the essentials...including toilet paper and grenades/bullets! Because this isn't just a shopping mall, it's a shop for spies! Meanwhile the Hinagiku are just there to see a movie .

Shion helping Shinzo shop for guns, Kengo and Nanao getting cyanide and face masks from kind pharmaceutical ladies, Futaba getting a full press (literally) massage from a huge and tough lady, Kyoichiro partaking in a secret library to find ways to torture Taiyo...you can get everything from this mall .

I should've known a typical lost child plot would have a Yozakura spin on it as they have to find her dad in the seedy underground of the mall...and then all the thugs pounce on Taiyo. Good thing he's got the entire Yozakura Fam backing him up! Even if it did end up destroying the first floor of the mall. But they got souvenirs for Ayaka, so it all worked out !
Old Yesterday, 21:16   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Oh crap, this is 2-cour? Undead Unluck was too, so I guess it makes sense... Bleh

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:05   Link #49
DolFunDolphinVtuber

Kyoichirou's room is a lot like Yachiho's from Chained Soldier.
A shrine dedicated to their younger sister.
DolFunDolphinVtuber is offline   Reply With Quote