AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-30, 11:32   Link #61
Frontier

For really was happy that Zagan and Nephy wanted to officially adopt her. She cherished the time they spent together and the affection they showed her. But she couldn't let her happiness get in the way of her revenge, to rob her of what she had dedicated so much of her life to, so despite it breaking her heart, she had to leave .

Though as lucky would have it, going to Marchosias' home to get something to kill Sacred Sword wielders brings her RIGHT to the object of her revenge, as Raphael follows her in. Though in her revenge-fueled rage she jumps at Marchosias with no plan and no chance of actually winning...good thing Papa Zagan is there to bail her out .

Nobody, not even an Angelic Knight, gets to lay a hand on Zagan's daughter! And while Raphael has the power of Metatron, which can negate magic or sorcerer circles, Zagan has learned from his experience with Chastille and as an Archdemon to come up with one that cannot be broken and ends up exhausting Raphael's power. All the better for Zagan to slug him afterwards. Though nothing beats the approval and admiration from your daughter !

Too bad Raphael won't stay down...and the dragon blood coursing through his veins help him heal. But that's exactly why For wants her revenge .

Chastille is torn between staying behind and going to help, between blaming herself for what's happened and wanting to do something about it, between her loyalty to the church to her loyalty to Zagan, and what she really wants to do...but in a moment of immense self-doubt, Nephy is there to tell her why Nephy envies HER. Chastille had admired Nephy this whole time but to Nephy, Chastille can do the things she can't as Zagan's wife and caretake of their home. The only thing Nephy can do is emotionally support Chastille and help her realize what she actually WANTS to do. And that's help Zagan .

Chastille finally does something cool again! Not only deflecting For's attack but also deflecting Raphael! It took all she had, but it was still her coolest moment yet :cool;.

So For's dad was the Great Sage Orobas, a dragon whom would use his wisdom to the benefit of the humans and teamed-up with Angelic Knights...only to end up dead by Raphael's blade and with Raphael taking a bite out of him. But is that really what happened? Why would Raphael use his name and be part of an organization seeing to reconcile with sorcerers? Why would he be pushing himself so far to the point where he would likely die or For would kill him? Why would he protect For ?

Though while pondering all these questions, we've also got Marchosias' golem bodyguard to worry about...but Zagan finishes it in one blow the moment it tried to fire on his daughter !
Old 2024-05-30, 19:28   Link #62
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Sometimes when it is a bit too obvious I'm kind of left wanting the show to hurry up to the obvious twist. Zagan didn't even have to say it. It was obvious that there was no way Raphael killed For's father. All the more so when he was revealed not to be a regular dragon but practically on the level of legends. The flashback already gave sizable hints about Raphael's role in that death. But I guess we had to get some action in first.

Also Zagan...maybe lead off with the move that can one-shot the golem instead of just trying to banish it with the crest next time ? Less potential deaths on the table that way. I guess we'll see if there is a death coming up next episode or not.

I sure hope Raphael can keep breathing long enough to explain what exactly went down. No question that he had zero hostility towards Orobas. And he was willing to throw his life away to protect that dragon's daughter. Even willing to get himself killed to ease her pain. But we just need some details.

Nice moment with Chastille and Nephy. Two friends who both have a lot of good qualities and can envy different things about each other.
Old 2024-06-06, 11:31   Link #63
Frontier

I guess considering all we've heard about Orobas' strength, it makes more sense that he wasn't simply killed by Angelic Knights...but instead by a demon, whom he took out in a mutual kill. And Raphael was his close ally who fought by his side during this titanic struggle, and carried on Orobas' will and power, via his consent .

Also sounds like there's a future invasion of demons on the horizon, and considering how powerful a shadow was, they don't have any chance...not without uniting the Angelic Knights and Sorcerers together. Which is why Raphael had, under Orobas' orders, formed the reconcilliation faction and saw in Chastille's loyalty to Zagan someone who can help make that a reality .

For's object of revenge turned out to not be what she though so she has no way of venting her anger over her fathers' death...at least until the demons come back. But it's better she remember her father with pride rather than dwell on his death .

That Golem isn't done! And it's a hybrid demon made up of, conveniently enough, the same demon Orobas fought! Thanks for nothing Marchosias .

Chastille putting her all into this to fight by Zagan's side and showing just how powerful she is with her sacred sword Azrael! Zagan manages to finish this with his inverted magic, but he comes to respect Chastille's skills and genuinely praise her in the process! Chastille is just happy to be of use to him and to fight alongside him, but also more that he finally called her by her name in front of her !

So it turns out Raphael...is terrible at expressing himself. What he thinks of as friendly or normal banter makes people think he's trying to kill them, which lead to a lot of sorcerer deaths that were just self-defense. He's like Zagan in that respect .

I had a feeling Cardinal Clavwell was behind everything, and it seems like Chastille isn't the first Angelic Knight he's tried to kill because they weren't merciless towards Sorcerers, but thankfully Raphael was able to enact true justice against him .

Chastille may be too naive and easygoing to really lead a faction or keep herself from getting poisoned, but at least she's mending things with For (who finally calls her by her name) and is getting along better with Zagan than ever. That he doesn't mind her presence around the castle means ever .

Oh, and Raphael survived and is now the butler, complete with a metal arm courtesy of For's armor. And not only is he a dutiful butler who can cook and make tea, but Zagan is like the only one who can properly understand him! It's a match made in heaven .

Barbatos may not be happy being Chastille's babysitter, but at least he's getting paid for it .

But all this Chastille/Raphael/For content just makes Nephy a little needy...and she and Zagan get to romantically embrace to close the episode out .
Old 2024-06-06, 14:19   Link #64
Lex79

Well, it was time to see Heaven's Phosphor in action.
Raphael, the world's scariest butler, is a great addition to the cast and a valuable resource for Zagan, who is slowly amassing the equivalent of an army with so many talented individuals on his side.
Old 2024-06-06, 20:52   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well hey. Raphael survived. Honestly with the weird tone of the episode I wasn't actually sure what was going to happen with him. They kind of let him stumble away in a pretty messed up state and didn't seem that inclined to patch him up. But it also seemed pointless for For to want him dead either. Not like he actually did anything wrong and there was no revenge to actually take at that point. But hey...good for him. He gets to take a step back from more political maneuverings and help support the daughter of someone he owes his life to. It's all good.

Honestly Chastille is a better face for that movement anyways. She might be naive and a goofball, but she's also...not insanely frightening. So people might actually be willing to hear her out. A good optimistic personality for the job. Honestly I think she could just have those three idiots act as poison testers and she'd be fine. But I suppose having Barbatos keep an eye on her works. Well mostly. I mean he's nearly killed her himself a few times so that's a weird combination to work with, but I suppose Barbatos is the best person for the job. Mostly due to Zagan having a very small circle of friends and literally no one else to ask... At least it says something that he cares enough to get her a bodyguard.

Glad at least for some level of reconciliation with For and Chastille. That side of things was awkward as heck for a bit too long, but things are looking ok now.
Old 2024-06-06, 21:42   Link #66
AndrewR5D4

A mix of talented oddballs making their own faction... Here's hoping they pick up more weirdos as the story continues.

Since we've only seen material from volumes 1 and 2 so far, but it seems they've officially translated 17 novels, meaning there's a lot more material. Theoretically, this anime could go on for over 108 more episodes at the current pace if that's what they wanted.
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-07, 00:42   Link #67
Lex79

Yeah, I'm happy they didn't make a rushed adaptation, but there is so much story to be told...I hope we'll get at least a second season.
Old 2024-06-07, 04:16   Link #68
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Yeah, I'm happy they didn't make a rushed adaptation, but there is so much story to be told...I hope we'll get at least a second season.
Agree 100%

It will be so disappointing if second season is not confirmed since that is where the story actually starts
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-08, 10:13   Link #69
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
A mix of talented oddballs making their own faction... Here's hoping they pick up more weirdos as the story continues.

Since we've only seen material from volumes 1 and 2 so far, but it seems they've officially translated 17 novels, meaning there's a lot more material. Theoretically, this anime could go on for over 108 more episodes at the current pace if that's what they wanted.
Don't forget the ongoing Barbatos x Chastille manga spinoff (also written by the LN author).
https://j-novel.club/series/an-archd...crybaby-knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Agree 100%

It will be so disappointing if second season is not confirmed since that is where the story actually starts
Same goes for anime like Tearmoon Empire and Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic (both also covered their 1st 2 novels only).
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-13, 11:30   Link #70
Frontier

Nothing more heartwarming than For returning to her diary and being happy she's back home with her family! It would be nice if she could give Chastille proper credit instead of "maybe she helped?" but baby steps .

Raphael is surprisingly adept as a butler! And a sweet maker! And playing with For as they compete to see whether she can or cannot see her parents flirting. Then again, their flirting is so vanilla who knows when they'll ever get to kiss at this rate ?

Look at the family shopping in town together and being the most popular sight by the citizens! Everybody now loves Zagan, Nephy, and their daughter !

It couldn't be a finale without Manuela! It's just a shame we didn't get to see a Nephy fashion show .

That's our Zagan! Bying a phonograph to fix it up for the challenge while leaving Manuela enough money to clothe the street urchins .

Chastille and Barbatos make for awkward lunch companions, even after Chastille's attempt at small talk. But at least For is trying to do better to call Chastille by her name instead of "Tail-Head" .

The return of maid Chastille! Even if her cooking is not at the same level as how good she looks in a maid outfit! I guess we needed an excuse for crying Chastille. And she's such a complete klutz and mess that Barbatos has to lose sleep helping her out .

I feel like a lot of Raphael's stories end with "and then a Sorcerer attacked me" .

Ah yes, so Barbatos is that one family member who gets drunk first at dinner and starts smack-talking somebody, obviously Chastille because we always need some Chastille bullying. Poor girl gets outed for sleeping with a stuffed animal. And she knows Barbatos is watching her but probably for the best she hasn't figured out it's on Zagan's order. At least Chastille gets the last laugh with her soup knocking Barbatos out...even if it just gives her another reason to cry .

While they still have a phonograph, it's the perfect time for Zagan and Nephy to share a dance! With Raphael's instruction, of course! And after an awkward start, the pair manage to nail a romantic dance, complete with imagining themselves all dressed up and dancing under the moonlight !
Old 2024-06-13, 17:02   Link #71
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Another season, another owner x slave fantasy romance come and gone. I was pretty close to dropping this but For kept me watching. In the end it was reasonably entertaining but probably easily forgotten, I can't give it more than a 6/10 or so.
Old 2024-06-13, 17:57   Link #72
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Another season, another owner x slave fantasy romance come and gone. I was pretty close to dropping this but For kept me watching. In the end it was reasonably entertaining but probably easily forgotten, I can't give it more than a 6/10 or so.
I mean, they dropped that as early as episode 2 .
Old 2024-06-13, 22:34   Link #73
zztop

Question now is if there'll even be a S2 of the anime, given the lack of announcement and this last episode not giving any hints or references as to future novel events.

Although there is still the choice of the manga adaptation, which is covering Vol 5 content.
Old 2024-06-13, 23:35   Link #74
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Question now is if there'll even be a S2 of the anime, given the lack of announcement and this last episode not giving any hints or references as to future novel events.

Although there is still the choice of the manga adaptation, which is covering Vol 5 content.
Never say never .
Old 2024-06-14, 04:38   Link #75
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Wow that suit and night gown dancing teaser! No way they won't give us season 2 after showing that!

Season 1 is actually just the prelude introduction phase. The actual plot will start right at next arc so it is good place to cut the adaptation here and continue at new season
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-14, 10:19   Link #76
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Chastille is a good girl, but her life is full of danger . Extremely clumsy and surprisingly...questionable pallet when it comes to taste. Whether something is bad or fantastic it all just tastes good to her. A great person to cook for since you don't have to be good, but problematic if you want her to cook anything .

The Zagan and Nephy moments remained pretty enjoyable. It's slow progress for them, but it still involves things happening. And there's zero question on how both feel and how obvious they are about it with the other. Nice little moments in this final episode.

Though yeah, they are really leaning on the Chastille and Barbatos ship. Which is certainly interesting considering he's nearly gotten her killed several times this season. Was behind the attack in episode 1 and would have killed her without hesitation in the mid part of the season. But...I suppose with Zagan taken and Raphael an old dude they are lacking other options to ship her with. Though hey, at least he's fine with her cooking.

I sure hope Zagan put some protection on that phonograph. A sweet thing sure to give it back to the streets. But he should know better than anyone that someone will absolutely just take that in order to try and sell it.

Good episode to end things on. No telling if they'll adapt more or if this will be it. Show had some ups and downs, but overall I think it was a good one. A nice 7.5/10
Old 2024-06-14, 10:29   Link #77
Lex79

Ending was nice and gave enough closure to the series, even if only a small part of the source material was adapted. I'll keep my fingers crossed for another seasonin the future.
Old 2024-06-15, 09:51   Link #78
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Wow that suit and night gown dancing teaser! No way they won't give us season 2 after showing that!

Season 1 is actually just the prelude introduction phase. The actual plot will start right at next arc so it is good place to cut the adaptation here and continue at new season
Hopefully they do make another season; otherwise its going to be like the anime adaptation of Death Marching to the Parallel World Rhapsody which ended just as the main story of the MC and his companion's adventures were about to start.