AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-24, 04:35   Link #61
WingedAccelerator

I remembered Hosoya voicing him back then, which I found incredible. As a manga reader I knew it was him, but the manga explicitly told the readers it was him in a volume extra note. His involvement in the temple incident also got elaborated further, but the anime didn't add those extra bits. He stole money from the temple and when the kids discovered it, they drove him out in that terrible night. Since Himejima was blind, he didn't know he was missing until the attacking demon mentioned it. The kids simply lied the guy was still sleeping.

Another volume extra note talked about Sayo. She was in shock from the incident, but the monster she referred to was supposed to be the demon that attacked them, not Himejima. The demon turned to ash in the morning and while still shocked, she couldn't properly speak and defend Himejima from the suspicion of murder. At age 14, she still worries and wishes she could apologize to him.

I won't even be surprised if the supposed trilogy still doesn't adapt the entire manga, and they leave the final fight and epilogue for a last season. Considering the overall slow pacing, I find it hard to believe they would condense 66 chapters into 3 movies whatever length they might be.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 06:13   Link #62
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The guy who offered up the others is the same guy that appeared in Season 1, Episode 17 during Zenitsu's flashback. Kind of like a senpai to Zenitsu. Once an asshole, always an asshole.

Rumors started floating around about the final arc adapted as a movie trilogy. I for one hope it's going to be a regular, 26 episodes final season.
Then I bet whatever news Zenitsu got that made him so serious is related to that guy. Hopefully, he will get what he deserves this time.

If they do make a movie trilogy, I bet they're going to air it on TV a year or so after like with Mugen Train for maximum money. I'd definitely prefer a straight up final season as well.
Old 2024-06-24, 16:40   Link #63
grecefar

Tragic story for the stone hashira, nothing new in this anime.

I always love how tanjiro deal with the wind hashira, it's perfect trolling without knowing for characters like the wind hashira.

I thought muzan was looking for nezuko?, unless he hasn't found her and went to ubuyashiki to ask for directions?. I doubt he is there to kill him since ubuyashiki is almost dead already.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-24, 16:51   Link #64
Jaden

Peak Ufotable walking montage
Old 2024-06-24, 19:57   Link #65
larethian

The walking was like, a bit, too long.............................................. ....................
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-25, 01:28   Link #66
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
I remembered Hosoya voicing him back then, which I found incredible. As a manga reader I knew it was him, but the manga explicitly told the readers it was him in a volume extra note. His involvement in the temple incident also got elaborated further, but the anime didn't add those extra bits. He stole money from the temple and when the kids discovered it, they drove him out in that terrible night. Since Himejima was blind, he didn't know he was missing until the attacking demon mentioned it. The kids simply lied the guy was still sleeping.

Another volume extra note talked about Sayo. She was in shock from the incident, but the monster she referred to was supposed to be the demon that attacked them, not Himejima. The demon turned to ash in the morning and while still shocked, she couldn't properly speak and defend Himejima from the suspicion of murder. At age 14, she still worries and wishes she could apologize to him.

I won't even be surprised if the supposed trilogy still doesn't adapt the entire manga, and they leave the final fight and epilogue for a last season. Considering the overall slow pacing, I find it hard to believe they would condense 66 chapters into 3 movies whatever length they might be.
I see; appreciate the extra details =03. Its absolutely asinine they would extend this arc over 10/11 episodes(includes the doubles/triple), add all the extra s*** in the middle, and the one interesting new moment that involves someone's backstory, they couldn't even give an extra 2~3 mins if even that to add those parts of the story in.

If they're going to make movies, might as well make the movies the finale. Would certainly get more traction if the ending of a series is in the theaters, though I'm not sure how the fans would react to such a thing.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 12:35   Link #67
GDB

Apparently today's episode ends with confirmation of a movie trilogy for the "Infinity Castle" arc.

I don't think that'll close out the series, so I'd assume once those three are done there will be at least one more movie for the finale.

Oh, a trailer's up:

Spoiler:
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 13:47   Link #68
Random14

They really are going to drag this out forever, aren't they? At least the training arc is over with and now onto the big finale, with appropriately flashy animation. It sure looked incredible, those last few minutes as they all charged in, just too bad its going to take years for all this (waiting for the movies, then the TV versions then the next movie) to play out.

Last edited by Random14; 2024-06-30 at 14:12.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 15:06   Link #69
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Ah f'k, its as WingedAccelerator said a few comments back. Just great, a movie trilogy . Ofc they were gonna go for the money maker. They make bank(literally millions) just showcasing the first episode every new DS season in theaters, so this was only a natural conclusion to come to. Doesn't mean I like it, but more than likely will be taking my arse to the theaters to watch it anyways.

The episode itself was pretty good. Ubuyashiki certainly went out with a bang, and even took his wife and children with him. Had mirrored Muzan's thoughts as to whether his children actually knew what would happen. I always thought those twins were creepy dolls(i.e. not real people) for the longest time, since I always saw them looking emotionless. Seeing them toss that ball in this ep was the one moment I can recall in the entire series where I actually see some form of expression on their faces, like they are actually happy.

The short fight showcasing Himejima was cool, as was Tamayo's trap. It was cool to see all of the Hashira and Tanjirou converge to attack, and in a single place. Though it was clearly obvious Muzan wouldn't fall here, it was a nice ambiance to see Muzan getting flustered, as if he was really in trouble. I thought for that instant we'd get to see him fight all the Hashira at once, if only for a moment. Sadly it was not meant to be.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 18:20   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They advertised this episode as being an hour long. It was shorter, which was expected since they always factor in commercials, but 40 minutes still seemed low. Anyway, out of those 40 minutes, 3 were spent on recaping Muzan walking extremely slowly, and 10 were spent on the credits + Taisho secret. Meaning there was actually just a bit more than a regular episode's worth of actual content. What a scam. I'm sure they made plenty of money with all those commercials though.

The animation is definitely gorgeous, but I'm rather disgusted at how Ufotable is milking this IP. It's so utterly shameless. It's even worse when you remember the massive tax evasion. I also think it's a shame they've spent the last five years on Demon Slayer. The Mahoyo movie is their only side project.

Anyway, fuck those movies. I'm just going to read the manga, I don't want to wait until 2030 to see the ending. The ending of the episode actually got me pretty hyped so I'm going to ride that wave.
Old 2024-06-30, 19:04   Link #71
HandofFate

wow, the whole season was pretty much setup.
feel like the movies are gonna be 100% high budget action if the last half of this episode proved anything.

very hype for seriosu Zenitsu
Old 2024-06-30, 21:05   Link #72
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The animation is definitely gorgeous, but I'm rather disgusted at how Ufotable is milking this IP.
Blame Aniplex, not Ufotable. They're just the animation studio. Aniplex is the producer who found a golden goose with this series and will milk it until the end.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-30, 21:34   Link #73
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Anyway, fuck those movies. I'm just going to read the manga, I don't want to wait until 2030 to see the ending. The ending of the episode actually got me pretty hyped so I'm going to ride that wave.
While I understand this sentiment, if you don't care that much about the series just hold it off for later, otherwise you could be quite disappointed. If the manga would look better it would be a different story, but that's not the case.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-01, 09:08   Link #74
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Blame Aniplex, not Ufotable. They're just the animation studio. Aniplex is the producer who found a golden goose with this series and will milk it until the end.
They're not just the animation studio, Ufotable is on the production committee. Aniplex is the head of it but they still have their say, and I'm sure they're more than happy to make more millions off movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
While I understand this sentiment, if you don't care that much about the series just hold it off for later, otherwise you could be quite disappointed. If the manga would look better it would be a different story, but that's not the case.
There's only like 6 volumes left, and I heard it's mostly fighting. Even if I turn out to be disappointed, it's not like I would have lost much time or money.

I thought the latest episode was really damn good. The best one in a very, very long time. What Ubuyashiki did was pretty nuts, sacrificing his entire family (almost, the black haired son wasn't there) for a chance to kill Muzan.

I'm also curious about Nezuko. Tamayo said she completed the medicine to turn a demon back into a human, and Nezuko obviously wasn't sent to the Castle, so is her role as a fighter completely over? That would suck.
Old 2024-07-01, 20:08   Link #75
larethian

If Tanjiro doesn't apply stuff he learned during the training arc and if those stuff don't appear impactful this arc would have been quite pointless. Would love to see interactions between Shinobu and Tamayo, so I'm kind of surprised they are already going into the final fight with no more pre-build-up (haven't read the manga).

Of all the people falling into the space, Zenitsu is surprisingly the most calm, or at least appeared to be; in fact he's the only one who's like in zen mode while even the Hashira were a mix of expressions and emotions, which is weird af.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-07-02, 06:26   Link #76
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Ubuyashiki taking his children to the grave though was pretty cold
Old 2024-07-02, 12:08   Link #77
Thor's Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Ubuyashiki taking his children to the grave though was pretty cold
He still has a son left. I guess he had to lull Muzan into a false sense of security as there's no way Muzan would have sent every demon slayer he could find into his lair if he thought there was a survivor in Ubuyashiki's lineage.
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote