AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2024-08-29, 09:11   Link #441
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Were people actually expecting something from Hakari vs Uraume or something? Gege already had his hands full with Sukuna guantlet and the various flashbacks, did people want him to slow down the pace of the story even more with that fight?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-08-29, 18:00   Link #442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 268:
Old 2024-08-30, 06:40   Link #443
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Eemmmm.... There is something about this series that always confused me and this chapter only made it worse. Even in promo, Yuji and the others are obsessed with killing. I'm not sure why the author was so obsessed with that until Yuji faced Mahito in Shibuya. Was he trying to make them popular by having that edgy appeal? It confused me a lot when season 1 aired alongside Dr. Stone whose cast was composed of villagers who wanted to win their fights but without killing resulting in Senku coming up with new ideas.

Spoiler for so:

Feels like a strange transition
Old 2024-08-30, 09:20   Link #444
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Eemmmm.... There is something about this series that always confused me and this chapter only made it worse. Even in promo, Yuji and the others are obsessed with killing. I'm not sure why the author was so obsessed with that until Yuji faced Mahito in Shibuya. Was he trying to make them popular by having that edgy appeal? It confused me a lot when season 1 aired alongside Dr. Stone whose cast was composed of villagers who wanted to win their fights but without killing resulting in Senku coming up with new ideas.

Spoiler for so:

Feels like a strange transition
There's a whole chapter dedicated to explaining why Yuji changed his stance on Sukuna.

Besides I'd hardly call any character obsessed with killing and I'm not sure why what's going on in a completely different show would confuse you in regard to this one?

Last edited by Endscape; 2024-08-30 at 12:51.
Old 2024-08-30, 10:37   Link #445
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

No. That's fair assessment as far the manga goes.

By end of Shibuya, Yuji believed cog mindset is the best coping mechanism to deal with fact he will be killing people and responsible to many lives.

As Culling Games progressed, we hardly see it talked about. Its all about Shibuya Massacre guilt, raised for sake of Higuruma's domain exposition.

Now suddenly, "My cog mindset is no good. You're right, Sukuna, there's nothing wrong to live as you wanted but you gotta appreciate others or I will kill you."

DE is projection of inner world, Yuji month ago destroyed building while yelling "SUKUNAAA!!" now developing a no-aggression zone DE.

Why? How? All I knew is Culling Games immediately shifted to setting up Gojo, Sukuna and Kenjaku as soon Yuji and Megumi got enough point to add rules; US Army, who?

To make things worse Gege used "I'm you" for Sukuna ... as if comparing Nanami with Higuruma works well before--

Then again, MAPPA will give a lot of additional scenes for it so I can understand if Gege make use of MAPPA interest on JJK nicely.
Old 2024-08-30, 12:53   Link #446
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Have you read Chapter 265?

Old 2024-08-30, 19:47   Link #447
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Have you read Chapter 265?
Good to know this is the best explanation you can come up with.
Old 2024-08-30, 21:27   Link #448
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Good to know this is the best explanation you can come up with.
That was a question not an explanation. Many people comment about this manga without actually reading it.

No point in explaining to someone who doesn't actually read it

Old 2024-09-02, 05:49   Link #449
WingedAccelerator

Did Hakari decapitate Uraume at some point? It looked like she was holding her head intact with ice, then gave up doing that after Sukuna lost. If that's the case I wonder how Hakari pulled that off.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-02, 06:07   Link #450
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Did Hakari decapitate Uraume at some point? It looked like she was holding her head intact with ice, then gave up doing that after Sukuna lost. If that's the case I wonder how Hakari pulled that off.
That's one of those things we'll never know.
Old 2024-09-02, 06:41   Link #451
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Akutami said in the fanbook that he based Sukuna on Kurama, the nine-tailed demon fox but I think the character really lost the appeal when leaving Yuji's vessel and fighting so many characters. The impact Yuji gave is less notable than Naruto's as the ninja was able to control Kurama's chakra and sealed him again before the final arc in a similar scene to the latest chapter. Before Yuji defeated Sukuna, the Curse had already been satisfied with Gojo, Yuta, among other fighters, reducing the impact of Yuji in the climax. I think Archer from UBW is another better example of a nihlistic obsessed with the main character as he and Shirou are basically the same guy but their values and philosophy contradict each other. In the case of Yuji, his relationship with Megumi could have been a key figure in making Sukuna's defeat unique similar to how Naruto defeated Obito since they saw each other's lives, but Yuji just won cos Nobara showed up for one chapter.

Maybe Sukuna could have been received more favourably if Akutami balanced him with a stronger Kenjaku. I always found it weird that Kenjaku did not think highly of himself to the point he told Uraume Gojo could easily kill him. Can't Geto's body become stronger despite being a parasite?

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2024-09-02 at 07:42.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-02, 08:47   Link #452
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The impact Yuji gave is less notable than Naruto's as the ninja was able to control Kurama's chakra and sealed him again before the final arc in a similar scene to the latest chapter.
Those scenes aren't really that similar at all.?

Quote:
Maybe Sukuna could have been received more favourably if Akutami balanced him with a stronger Kenjaku.
Sukuna was received quite favourably.

Quote:
I always found it weird that Kenjaku did not think highly of himself to the point he told Uraume Gojo could easily kill him. Can't Geto's body become stronger despite being a parasite?
Kenjaku was notably stronger in Geto's body than Geto was, Gojo was just built different. Kenjaku understood his limits.

Old 2024-09-15, 16:54   Link #453
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

They spent the entire chapter basically doing a review of the battle. Oh, and Higuruma survived somehow.
Old 2024-09-16, 03:30   Link #454
WingedAccelerator

Yuuta also went back to his original body.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-16, 07:20   Link #455
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

At least the characters finally are calming down with so much fight talk a bit. The part I liked of the Culling Games is that they kept acting like teenagers rather like when Yuji lies about pachinko and then expresses guilt about Shibuya. However, after that it all went back to characters analyzing how to fight which made Shinjuku filled with fighting monologues like a visual novel. Sukuna started fun but when Shinjuku started he was just a final boss taking down everybody cos the plot demanded that lost all the appeal that made him threatening and instead was just the Hulk. Even Muzan was more menacing for how his lack of humanity made him a monster even if that made him pathetic.
Old 2024-09-18, 09:48   Link #456
Twi

I don't get the Simple Domain talk. If it was basically patented, how did Todo and Gojo use it during their fights? If they aren't bound by the same restrictions as Kusakabe before Mei Mei axed the previous leader, why didn't they just do the teaching instead? Not that I'm against the bad woman doing the dirty work, but if they spread it out from non-contracted sorcerers then there'll be fewer people who need to subscribe to offering their lives to use it. More so if they made it a lesson in the schools themselves. And this should have been placed around the time that Maki killed her clan rather than when there's only a few chapters left.

Like I get the breakdown for the combat, but there are how many people still unaccounted for after all of that? What happened to Angel and Hana? How does society, now aware that there's an actual power system in their world with evil spirits running around, move on? We need to see how society shifts in the wake of a massive battle like that.

Last edited by Twi; 2024-09-18 at 10:36.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-09-18, 11:06   Link #457
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I don't get the Simple Domain talk. If it was basically patented, how did Todo and Gojo use it during their fights?
Gojo and Yuki got around the Binding Vow by copying the technique just by watching it. Yuki taught Todo as was mentioned in the Mahito fight.

Quote:
If they aren't bound by the same restrictions as Kusakabe before Mei Mei axed the previous leader, why didn't they just do the teaching instead?
Gojo was a genius who can do anything, so he's bad at teaching like Kusakabe mentioned during the Sukuna fight. Todo was injured and had to spend time modding Boogie Woogie, he didn't have time to teach them.

Quote:
Not that I'm against the bad woman doing the dirty work, but if they spread it out from non-contracted sorcerers then there'll be fewer people who need to subscribe to offering their lives to use it. More so if they made it a lesson in the schools themselves.
That's the point, yes. New Shadow Style's Binding Vows was limiting the number of people who learned the technique, so Mei killed the old head so that in the short term Kusakabe could become head and teach it to anyone for free and in the long term, Ui Ui will become head and start charging money for it.

It's like when a streaming service starts out for free and then when people get used to it, they start charging money.

Quote:
Like I get the breakdown for the combat, but there are how many people still unaccounted for after all of that? What happened to Angel and Hana?
There are only three named characters who are unaccounted for. Tengen, Hana/Angel and Uro.

Old 2024-09-19, 11:37   Link #458
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The new leak.
Spoiler for holy:
Old 2024-09-19, 23:17   Link #459
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I don't get the Simple Domain talk.
Because in nature, that chapter was Gege respond to criticism during Sukuna raid.

If you visited some Japanese JJK discussion during Sukuna cycle, there were enough reader comments criticizing Gege for lack of simple domain understanding among raid team as, looked back, Gojo had better survival chance thanks to it, and he learned it by simply copying other users (Kusakabe, Miwa, etc). Somehow other casts can't do it within one month time skip and totally justified as if they're no better than Miwa, why?

New Shadow Style originally had no life subscription details, just strictly distributed among people that willing to obey specific family.
Gege added that details so readers shut up about how the raid went; I suspected Inumaki name suddenly brought up and Higuruma tried convincing readers that "things going that way is not wrong" was referred to criticism about lack of Inumaki involvement despite Yuta nonchalantly used his skill (Inumaki is one of top characters in JP popularity polls) and Higuruma performance as a whole.
Old Yesterday, 17:07   Link #460
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'll be honest, I didn't recognize most of the characters in this chapter.

Tags
action, exorcism, possessed mc