Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-29, 20:40   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Well, gotta give the writer credit for ending in a non typical manner. Though if everything from the original timeline gets destroyed when you time travel, why does Oscar get to survive for just long enough to do the heroic thing? Fate even politely waits for him to say his goodbyes.

If he knew the whole time travel thing destroys the original timeline, why the need to go see the blue orb then? What was the deal with it glowing and he's all like nooooo if he knew there was no time to return to? Or did he make that up to not let teen Tinasha feel guilty about him staying there for her?

It'd have made more sense to me if when he arrived in the past, he would continue but his Aka-whatever-it-was-called sword disappeared since it already exists in this timeline.

The wedding btw was amusing. They obviously don't have feminists in Farsas; that was a pretty female subservient marriage ceremony. As the woman you get a sword pointed at you and he graciously grants you the right to be his wife, then you need to pledge to bestow everything you have to him lol
Did Oscar know the full story when he arrived? I'd presume not since he was asking Tinasha questions and trying to figure a way back home. He didn't know what the orb was until they figured it out. I presumed he didn't know anything until he got his hands on the orb and probably failed to get back to his original timeline. Even when it was activating he was reacting as if he thought he was going back. How exactly he figured out what fate awaited the world after using the orb I'm not sure. Did he go to an alternate future and figure that out? Or did it just fail to send him anywhere and he concluded that's how the time travel worked? No idea .

As for why he lasted that long...yeah probably just time being convenient. Or his existence remained stable so long as his interference in the past was minimal. Like a version close to this version of Oscar could still exist if he only interacted a bit with Tinasha as a child but didn't interfere in that ritual. But once he did that any future version of himself was so far removed from who he is today that he then was purged from the timeline. At least I think that's probably how it works.

Yeah, that's quite the ceremony for you. Although I'm not surprised since it's all about boosting the status of royalty. Anyone marrying into the royal family...is marrying into it and wasn't born to it. No idea if there have been men that married into the royal family but I'd presume the ceremony is pretty much the same in that case. Regardless though, yeah it's definitely quite the "you should be honored for this opportunity" sort of ceremony.
Old 2024-06-29, 22:46   Link #142
Frontier

If I remember right the warrior from the story that Oscar remembered had at least enough time to say farewell to his mother from another timeline and walk off before he was erased.