AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-06-29, 15:47   Link #181
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-06-29, 21:44   Link #182
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh boy, poor Narumi. That's another guy that really didn't get much benefit from this being animated. The animation is just fine, but the character designs are a constant string of "that's a disappointment" in terms of the adaptation.

Close calls. Kafka managed to keep his head on just enough to avoid things going any worse. All he really could have accomplished there was killing Kikoru's father and then probably getting finished off by Narumi and anyone else that was on hand at the moment. He probably wasn't surviving that.

I do like the character stuff with Kafka. His memories with Mina and his bond with Kikoru kept him from getting completely lost in the monster. Sure as heck wasn't going to kill her father in front of her if he could do anything about it. It's just that he barely had the option to do something about it .

Rough day for Kikoru. Dealing with her dad isn't the easiest thing anyways then she had to watch that freaking death match. She's growing stronger, but this wasn't something she could do anything about yet. All she could do was have faith.

Can't say I love that old guy, but at least he was one of the rare voices of reason. Certainly good at his job. Again, a crappy parent, but at least he's a good general. It should be obvious to anyone (minus the morons in that room) that there is a shift going on here. Kafka, 9, and 10 all showing up in pretty short order. There's a wave of powerful Kaiju on the move and frankly without Kafka/No8 being on their side they would have lost an entire division to 10 and probably to 9. Since Kafka both noticed the reproductive organs thing and forced No9 to run away. If nothing else Kikoru's dad realized that this is a situation where things could slide out of their hands in a hurry. They don't have time for precedent.

Right now Kafka is the best user of Kaiju No8 that they are going to get. The time it'd take to kill him, turn him into weapons, find and train someone to utilize him as a weapon is time they might not have. And even if all that works out it might still lead to a fighter less powerful than the one they can use right now.

Certainly a sad sight that humanity's survival and safety is in the hands of people that don't see the value in humanity's spirit.

The show was decent. 7.5/10 for me. I think it could have been better with just better overall artwork, but it was fine. Season 2 should be fun .
Old 2024-06-30, 21:58   Link #183
Alchemist007
*Author

Kaiju No. 8/10, pretty much shounen stuff but with an older guy who's perhaps too goofy for his age. The animation was pretty good.
Old 2024-07-01, 21:25   Link #184
grecefar

kind of late to the party but it was a nice anime, 7/10. I knew it was a test, this has all the cliche checklist but it still was good.

I'm glad for the second season, meaning more kikoru I hope.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote